Blane's Someone's B'day Dinner Review
  Re: (...)
I've got to get busy and probably won't be back for any length of time today, so guess I'll start this off. Hope it's o.k. with Blane....

We really enjoyed the flavors of these dishes together, but…. I think I’ll bypass the frying step in all that oil next time and just roast the potatoes (same beautiful browned result) and then toss with the mustard/vinegar mixture. We both loved this flavor. And, the chutney went so well with the beef and tatoes. Both gave the dinner an 8+

[Image: Nov3PetiteSirloinswTomatoChutney_zps830d51d0.jpg]

Great choice, Blane -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Blane's Someone's B'day Dinner Review by cjs (I've got to get busy...)
We loved this dinner!! That tomato chutney was just fantastic. I changed it up a tad because we had a potato salad that was similar to the potatoes the recipe called for. So - I did them as mashed potatoes and use the sauce in the potatoes along with a bit of milk.

[Image: photo1_zps216899cb.jpg]

Excellent choice Blane This is a keeper for sure.
  Re: Re: Blane's Someone's B'day Dinner Review by DFen911 (We loved this dinner...)
Thank you Jean & Denise. Thank you Jean for starting the review, I was going to start it last night, but it got too late.

I've made this recipe twice now, once with tenderloin and then with sirloin, both times it was outstanding! My wife and bonus daughter both agreed that this is a keeper and want to have it again. Not only was this packed with flavor, it was easy to make. The potatoes are now on my short list of side dishes, delicious! I gave this 9.

Alina wanted to know how long the chutney would keep, I had about a cup extra, so I put it in an airtight container into the fridge. I'll keep an eye on it and post the results later.

Jean, you made an edit to my original post. Did I leave something out?

[Image: 6_zpsdb58c8bb.jpg]
  Re: Re: Blane's Someone's B'day Dinner Review by losblanos1 (Thank you Jean & Den...)
No, I think I thought I was doing an edit on my post and found myself on yours and I forgot to not let it show.

We finished the chutney today...so can't help with how long it will keep. I would think 3 or 4 days at least.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blane's Someone's B'day Dinner Review by cjs (No, I think I though...)
Chutney update: I made it on Nov 3rd, today is the 8th, it is still as fresh as the day that I made it and the flavor has improved, in my opinion.
  Re: Re: Blane's Someone's B'day Dinner Review by losblanos1 (Chutney update: I ma...)
Good to know
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blane's Someone's B'day Dinner Review by cjs (Good to know...)
Blane I think I am going to experiment with canning it for future use. Well experiment is a bad word, I'm going to give the recipe to the Master Canner's and Food Preservers and see what they think