Tuesday, 11/5/13, What's for Dinner??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Playing with a sauce today, so I'll grill burger patties; don't know what else.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday, 11/5/13, What's for Dinner?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Quote:

Playing with a sauce today

What kind of sauce? Got up on the wrong side of the bed. The home Church is cooking for Tuesday's Table, so I'll go at noon and work the rest of the day. Hopefully, I'll come back in a better mood ( I usually do . Meanwhile they can make whatever they want for supper.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 11/5/13, What's for Dinner?? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
You tell 'em, Lorraine!

the sauce is kind of a take off of a Beurre Blanc made with a canned soup base. It's for the next ON THE ROAD book.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 11/5/13, What's for Dinner?? by cjs (You tell 'em, Lorrai...)
That sounds interesting! Good luck, Jean!

I hope you're feeling better, Lorraine!

I'm roasting a chicken with potatoes and onions with green beans on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 11/5/13, What's for Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (That sounds interest...)
Well, the first try at the sauce was very good, but I'll make it a couple more times before asking for some testers.

----
A question for everyone (Lorraine is probably the one to answer ths one. )

Beurre Blanc is white butter

when cooks add heavy cream to this sauce to make it more stable, it is called 'beurre nantais' - I can not find an exact translation for the word 'nantais.'

If I add mushroom soup to the mix, can it still be called 'beurre nantais'???? Everything I find about this in depth is in French...................

Anyone know??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 11/5/13, What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Well, the first try ...)
Definitely not me! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 11/5/13, What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Well, the first try ...)
Nope, but I'm sure Lorraine will know.

We are grilling chicken tonight along with grill/roasted potatoes and steamed asparagus.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 11/5/13, What's for Dinner?? by Mare749 (Nope, but I'm sure L...)
Mac n' Cheese tonight, maybe with a red grape Waldorf salad or just a regular salad. What's a good side for Mac n' Cheese?
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 11/5/13, What's for Dinner?? by losblanos1 (Mac n' Cheese tonigh...)
Your salad sounds wonderful OR..........as the holiday gets closer, this time of year I always cook a ham with equal parts o.j. and maple syrup and make mac & cheese. Then, you serve the mac and cheese with a drizzle of the oj/syrup mixture the ham was cooked in. Died and gone to heaven! Now, you have me hungry for this.

Also, another way is to serve grilled salmon piece on top of the mac & cheese drizzled with BBQ sauce - don't gag, it's better than it sounds.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 11/5/13, What's for Dinner?? by losblanos1 (Mac n' Cheese tonigh...)
My favourite side for Mac n Cheese is more Mac n Cheese. I love making it with crazy cheeses and adding olive (green only) and adding tonnes of homemade ketchup to it! This is a go-to meal for me and my hubby when we have a sunday that follows a REALLy good saturday night

I also like to have home made tomato soup with mac n cheese too, or a just a giant glass of red wine :0
Oh, man, I need to make some mac and cheese! This no starchy carb no wine diet I've been attempting is killing me!