Sunday Dinner, 11/1013??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Bolgna sandwiches on the road for us. Won't be a long day - about 4 hours and we'll stay in Longview area 2 nights to get our "sea legs" and make sure all is well with the rig. And, then the adventure begins!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/1013?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Woohoo Jeans!! Safe travels!!

I'm hoping to make Shrimp Scampi over angel hair pasta.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/1013?? by BarbaraS (Woohoo Jeans!! Safe...)
Have a save and wonderful trip, Jean! I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

It's a beautiful, sunny day and should be close to 70, so I'm going to grill a pork tenderloin and serve it with some plum chutney I have in the freezer. We'll have grilled broccolini and brown rice pilaf, too.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/1013?? by karyn (Have a save and wond...)
Going to visit my in-laws this afternoon. Not sure what we will do about dinner, but may see if they feel like going out.

Jean, I'm so excited for you that you have started your next winter adventure.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/1013?? by Mare749 (Going to visit my in...)
Copying one of Blane's dinners this week - Norwegian meatballs, mashed potatoes, asparagus.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/1013?? by Trixxee (Copying one of Blane...)
Trixxee, there's a note in the recipe that calls out for extra flour to make the gravy thicker, without it, the gravy is very thin. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Tonight it's pineapple spiced chicken tenderloins with pineapple rice and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/1013?? by losblanos1 (Trixxee, there's a n...)
Thanks Blane - will keep that in mind. We like gravy on the thicker side.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/1013?? by Trixxee (Thanks Blane - will ...)
Braised short ribs, creamy bleu cheese polenta and salad Then all h3ll breaks loose next week. School orientation, VA meetings, physical for Marvin, and a cooking class that I am demo'ing for the extension program up that they want me to teach in the spring. Whew!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/1013?? by DFen911 (Braised short ribs, ...)
I did Braised short ribs TOO! I didn't pay enough attention to the type of ribs that I had bought, so the meat i used was pork ribs and I added a beef roast of some kind. So a mystery meat meal, but my hubby didn't even noticed! I did the recipe with cola and wine from C@H and the Kale and mashed mixed potatoes - it was a great meal!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/1013?? by jodybarnett (I did Braised short ...)
Oh, that will be a fun project Denise - be careful you don't take on so much you can't travel, tho.

Mystery dinners can be fun and good, Jody!! You lucked out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com