Monday's Dinner, 11/18/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

For us - Grilling. Steak and fries with a Honey Curry Aioli and l/o Caesar salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/18/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Cool enough for that chicken and cheese tortellini soup! With garlic toast.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/18/13?? by Trixxee (Cool enough for that...)
I picked up some gorgeous short ribs yesterday. They've been braised in red wine and look delicious. I just need to finish the sauce to get dinner on the table tonight.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/18/13?? by karyn (I picked up some gor...)
I have some sauce leftover from yesterday and an eggplant, so tonight will be eggplant parm. Haven't decided on sandwiches or a side of pasta.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/18/13?? by Mare749 (I have some sauce le...)
I believe my hubby is going to cook tonight. It's a Tex-Mex Lasagna. One of his specialties... Honestly, he makes it better than I do, so I like it when he makes it. I love the crispy tortilla edges!

[Image: lg_10508.jpg]

1 pound ground beef

1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and cut up

1 (1 1/8 ounce) package taco seasoning mix

1 1/3 cups FRENCH'S® French Fried Onions or FRENCH'S® Cheddar French Fried Onions

1 1/2 cups cream-style cottage cheese

2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

2 eggs, slightly beaten

12 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas

1 medium tomato, chopped

1 cup shredded lettuce

Directions:

Heat oven to 350°F. Brown ground beef in large skillet; drain. Stir in canned tomatoes and taco seasoning. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 2/3 cup French Fried Onions. Combine cottage cheese, 1 cup Cheddar cheese and the eggs; set aside.

Overlap 3 tortillas in bottom of greased 2-quart baking dish. Overlap 6 tortillas around sides of dish. Spoon beef mixture evenly over tortillas; top with remaining 3 tortillas. Spoon cheese mixture over beef and tortillas. Bake, covered, 45 minutes or until cheese mixture is set.

Top with remaining Cheddar cheese and sprinkle remaining onions down center of casserole. Bake 5 minutes until onions are golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Just before serving arrange tomato and lettuce around edges of casserole.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/18/13?? by luvnit (I believe my hubby i...)
Cold and raining today, so meatloaf and mashed potatoes Rented a couple of movies, fire in the fireplace is going and time to make some tea and read my notes for class
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/18/13?? by DFen911 (Cold and raining tod...)
That looks delicious Laura.

Cold and raining here also. As much as I'd like to grill, I've decided on pan seared filets with mushroom sauce and asparagus.
Whoaaaaa!! That's a do-er!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/18/13?? by BarbaraS (Whoaaaaa!! That's a...)
That does sound good!

I had jury duty today! So William is fixing sausage and rice with peas and another side of turnips for him.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Laura that is beautiful! It is printed and ready to go onto the menu. Maybe I can get Bob to make it while I'm at work Friday!

Tonight is a splurge dinner - we found 2 beautiful big New York's on sale so we'll split one with asparagus and baked potatoes. We're getting our first rain since we've been here. We're going to try the 2005 Cab Franc from Vin de Tevis with it. I'm excited!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!