Thursday's Dinner, 11/21/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all of you today?

I haven't decided yet, but one thing, I'm only going to do 1 'special' a day - we were just too full yesterday!!

Had the smoked ribs and mac & cheese yesterday afternoon. Wasn't impressed with the ribs - mine have been much better over the years. But, the mac & cheese was creamy and tasted like they use Velveeta/American cheese in it (which I do and love)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/21/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have some chicken left over from last night so making chicken pot pies
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/21/13?? by DFen911 (Have some chicken le...)
We are using up leftovers here. I pulled some ribs from the freezer that we cooked last week, so Ron will have those and I'm going to have a meatball sandwich. A few fries and a salad to round it out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/21/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm not sure what we're having. I think something with leftover chicken - maybe a pot pie? All I I do know is that I am making those d@mn apple pies Lorraine shared.

We had a visitor last night. I'm not 100% sure but Bob said it smelled a bit skunky outside. It tore up a bag of trash Bob forgot to take to the garbage bin. Then . . . it knocked my big green plastic bowl of starter off the picnic table (Bob forgot to put it back on the wine cooler where it lives happily). The lid came off and some leaves and twigs got in it. I scraped off about an inch and a half deep into the trash and put what I could get out of the bowl without touching the sides and fed it. Evidently the smell of sourdough starter is a skunk repellent! I was so pissed, the starter had reached this happy perfection - bubbly and sour. The temp outside has been perfect nice days and cool nights - the starter loved it. Crossing my fingers.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/21/13?? by Harborwitch (I'm not sure what we...)
I found a recipe for Crockpot Fajitas! Bought some stew meat, peppers, onions, and seasoning.

I will review this and give out the recipe if its any good Smells good!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/21/13?? by Harborwitch (I'm not sure what we...)
Ooopss - skunk country!

Gotta say I am really pleased with dinner today. Daphne, you will like this, I think, since you're not too big on sweet sauces.

I heated 1/2 the pulled pork I picked up Tuesday and combined it with campanelle and topped it with Parm, gr. onions, and lemon zest! The zest just gave the whole dish a nice zing and cut the sweetness of the BBQ sauce which wasn't too sweet anyway, but the combination sure was good.

[Image: Nov21PastawSmokedPorkShoulderParmLemonze...225ab1.jpg]

3 l/os down and many to go.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/21/13?? by cjs (Ooopss - skunk count...)
Hey Sharon, just saw this on a newsletter - you said you have some chicken to play with tonight.

Thai Chicken Noodles for two

I guess I have this on the mind.......... I don't have any l/o chicken and I'm not cooking with any because even roastng a small, small turkey, I'll have loads of l/o poultry next week.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/21/13?? by cjs (Hey Sharon, just saw...)
Gee that sounds good Jean!

I did a big romaine salad with a sesame ginger dressing. Since I did those "apple pie" things I had a dozen extra egg rolls so made some "Thai" egg rolls with the chicken,some left over rice, ginger, lemongrass, carrots, etc. and some Sweet Chile Sauce for dipping.

The "apple pie" things were pretty good - a bit much cinnamon for me, and I'd rather have had caramel sauce than the powdered sugar. I'll make them again.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/21/13?? by Harborwitch (Gee that sounds good...)
I have the egg rolls for them - I guess that's what I picked them up for! Geez, can't remember now.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/21/13?? by cjs (I have the egg rolls...)
We tend to go on egg roll binges. I'll make a couple dozen of different kinds - Sashimi Tuna (Thank you Chef Dave Nelson), pizza, a veggie & cheese. Now I think I'll throw in these chicken. Perhaps more "fodder" for the cook book.