Saturday's Dinner, 11/23/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Since we're not unhooking (can't get at the grill very easily), I think we'll just have something from the freezer...have to start emptying it for l/o turkey and also start making room for when we get to octopus/alligator country.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/23/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tony brought some honey baked ham and the bone home from his office pot luck yesterday so he's making some navy bean and ham soup. Either corn bread or garlic bread on the side.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/23/13?? by Trixxee (Tony brought some ho...)
We're having our Thanksgiving dinner today. The girls are bringing the side dishes, so all I have to cook is the turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and dessert.
I made the dessert yesterday, pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap-pecan crust.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/23/13?? by losblanos1 (We're having our Tha...)
Bob is going to make Laura's "Mexican Lasagana" for dinner. Perhaps I'll saute some corn with peppers to go with.

At least I only have 2 8pm nights and 1 7pm night! But the work is so much easier on my back. I also get to spend some time with Jack, Sandy, and Billie and that is fun!

If anyone wants to travel out here for a beautiful and luxe, cozy cabin, in the woods this is the place!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/23/13?? by Harborwitch (Bob is going to make...)
I'm making pasta fagioli
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/23/13?? by DFen911 (I'm making pasta fag...)
Clam stuffed baked potatoes thawing and a salad. Maybe some "gluten-free" peanut butter cookes. Not that I care if they are 'free' of anything, but just happen to love these particular ones.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/23/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well since I'm doing the meat and béchamel sauces for the lasagnas, I decided to pike up some extra ground meat, veal, and pork to make a meat loaf.

I find that if I make the sauces a day ahead and let them chill overnight in the fridge, they're a lot easier to work with for assembly of the lasagna.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/23/13?? by BarbaraS (Well since I'm doing...)
We're having roast pork tenderloin with smashed potatoes and broccoli. There are mini cherry pies and pecan pies in the freezer for anyone who wants dessert...
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/23/13?? by karyn (We're having roast p...)
William is doing steak night for me! He's so sweet to me! He's also doing dinner tomorrow night, too! It is the ideal thing for the blustery cold front moving in. But I'm saving the reveal for tomorrow's thread.....it's a surprise!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/23/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (William is doing ste...)
Well now I have to know Daphne! Because I might get so inspired and then so depressed because I didn't have the ingredients to do what William's gonna do. So you simply must spill the beans