Sunday's Dinner, 12/8/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have one more dish to make for a picture for On The Road, so I think I'll make it today. Dungeness Crab Fruit Salad - has pineapple, apples, oranges, lettuce and so delicious. And, maybe a bowl of soup.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday's Dinner, 12/8/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're under a winter warning watch, everything is covered in a layer of ice already. We roasted off the bones from two turkeys yesterday, and let the stock simmer all night. Today will be Turkey Pho.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 12/8/13?? by Lorraine (We're under a winter...)
That salad sounds delicious Jean. Do you use a dressing on it?

I've never made chili before, so from the Soups, Stews & Chilies cookbook, I'm making Chili con Carne with Corn muffins.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 12/8/13?? by losblanos1 (That salad sounds de...)
Yes, but I'm still undecided which to use....maybe try 2 or 3.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 12/8/13?? by cjs (Yes, but I'm still u...)
Turkey pho sounds so good, Lorraine.

I have a package of turkey breast thawing. Think we might have turkey sandwiches and a cup of l/o Italian wedding soup.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 12/8/13?? by Mare749 (Turkey pho sounds so...)
Since we had the roast beef last night, the fried catfish and clam chowder has been moved to tonight. YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 12/8/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Since we had the roa...)
Well, I'm going to have to have the recipe show a choice of 3 dressings - they all tasted wonderful with the salad.

[Image: Dec8CrabFruitSalad_zps7072abb9.jpg]

The salad has:
crab, p.apple chunks, apple, orange, lettuce (forgot the celery )

the 3 dressings:
Citrus dressing

3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/4 cup Dijon mustard

Whisk 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice, sugar, vinegar, and orange peel in medium bowl until sugar dissolves. Whisk in mustard.

Thai Style Dressing

1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons water
4 teaspoons Asian fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt

Whisk together vinegar, sugar, water, fish sauce, and salt in a bowl until sugar is dissolved.

Mustard Dressing

1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon honey
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
fresh lemon juice to taste

In a bowl whisk together yogurt, sour cream, paprika, mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.

----------------
If this sounds good to anyone, I'd sure love to hear what you think if you make it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 12/8/13?? by cjs (Well, I'm going to h...)
[Email]C@H's[/Email] Norwegian Meatballs, mashed potatoes, roasted carrots, pumpkin pie. Michael will at least eat the meatballs, carrots and the pie of course. Might make him some noodles or pasta on the side to fill his belly up. Fourteen year old boys can EAT.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 12/8/13?? by Trixxee ([Email]C@H's[/Email]...)
Jean, that looks awesome. Excellent presentation/plating and photo.

Trixxee, we're having those meatballs tomorrow. I froze the leftovers from the last time that I made them.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 12/8/13?? by losblanos1 (Jean, that looks awe...)
What a pretty presentation, Jean!

Well, change of plans. We may be having vension tenderloin tonight if I can reach Jean in time for advice on cooking it. It has to be somewhat rare.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."