Monday's Dinner, 12/16/13??
  Re: (...)
What's everyone having today??

We had the best nachos from l/os last night and after we landed at the park, I put my l/o flank steak in the slow cooker along with Roy's leftover Mexican lunch from the day before (carne asade, rice & beans). Turned out tasty, so we'll have tacos tonight.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/16/13?? by cjs (What's everyone havi...)
Brining a few large bone-in/skin-on chicken breasts to bake later as it's one of the few ways Michael will eat chicken. I'll make his favorite yellow rice and roasted carrots on the side.

Since Tony just left for Newark for a couple of days, it's all about the boy now.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/16/13?? by Trixxee (Brining a few large ...)
Soup from the freezer for us. We are all a bit under the weather.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/16/13?? by luvnit (Soup from the freeze...)
Ron made an outstanding pot of chili yesterday. So, we'll have that and a hot dog.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/16/13?? by Mare749 (Ron made an outstand...)
Leftover chili here also.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/16/13?? by losblanos1 (Leftover chili here ...)
I suggested chili or taco salad for tonight. William picked the taco salad. I cheated with pre shredded lettuce and cheese (Kraft Taco Blend). I used my last spurt of energy(at that time) to slice some onion and quarter grape tomatoes. YS finished off the meal and cleaned up after. He may just turn out okay after all!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/16/13?? by losblanos1 (Leftover chili here ...)
Did Swiss steak and cauliflower 'mashed potatoes'
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/16/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I suggested chili or...)
Daphne I am guessing you are home. Hugs to you both - and taco salad sounds so good.

I want you all to know that I have finally achieved my "culinary peak". I am now complete, I have achieved culinary excellence"! Yup - I did it - I created a ground beef and noodle dish that tasted like freakin' "hamburger helper" WTH? Okay, there's no excuse.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/16/13?? by Harborwitch (Daphne I am guessing...)
Bingo, Sharon! It is great to be home! But due to hospital disruption, our sleep patterns are messed up.. ARRRGGG!

That said, my YS LOVES Hamburger Helper meals! So, do tell!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/16/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Bingo, Sharon! It i...)
Sounds like a good ON The Road idea, Sharon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com