Favorite Christmas Gifts
  Re: (...)
I know I'm early, and I may be adding to this thread later, but I thought I'd share one of my current favorites! In addition to finally owning a lemon squeezer, new wine glasses, and repair done to my fridge with a complete cleaning, this is one of my favorite gifts! Wine Stopper and Pourer (You may have to click on the smaller picture to see it up close?)

I'm sure there are probably nicer and cooler ones out there, but this was a first for me and works REALLY well!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Favorite Christmas Gifts by Gourmet_Mom (I know I'm early, an...)
I'm very excited to start playing with the truffle oil I've received. I've had truffles in restaurant dishes, but really haven't played with the flavors much myself....
  Re: Re: Favorite Christmas Gifts by karyn (I'm very excited to ...)
My meat grinder from my Secret Santa! And my new weather station from my hubby. Really neat to be able to log in anywhere I am at and check the weather at my house. I've become weather obsessed lately.
  Re: Re: Favorite Christmas Gifts by DFen911 (My meat grinder from...)
I love my Bodum knife block . It fit all my knives beautifully. My old Kapoosh looked nice, but the design limited the number of knives and it was hard to get the brush out to put in the dishwasher. This does not take as much space and the brush comes out easily. Got a second one for DH's old knives which he refuses to discard.

I also tried the Soda Stream for the first time tonight. It is going to be fun to make up new flavors, but for now, the diet soda works for me.

I have not tried the molecular gastronomy kit yet. I am planning to read Modernist Cuisine while recovering from the meniscus surgery, so hopefully will get to use it after that.
  Re: Re: Favorite Christmas Gifts by Cubangirl (I love my [url=http:...)
Lot of info packed into that post, Alina - first of all, good luck with your surgery!! Haven't the faintest idea what it is, but hopefully all goes well!

I've not seen the Bodum knife block before - how interesting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Favorite Christmas Gifts by cjs (Lot of info packed i...)
Good luck with your surgery, Alina. When are you scheduled?

BTW, great Christmas gifts!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Favorite Christmas Gifts by Mare749 (Good luck with your ...)
Alinia good luck with the surgery! I hope you have a really good ice maker! It's going to take lots and lots of ice! All of the gifts sound wonderful.

Denise you have no idea how much we miss our weather station - it's tucked safely in our storage unit in ND I have no idea why?

Best present this year is hard to pick . . . the change of "venue" to the redwoods may qualify as the best Anniversary/Christmas present ever. We so needed this change.

Actually Bob got me an early present - a Sansa Click mp3 player. My poor old Fuze was falling apart and he knew how much I loved my Audibles. I'm still getting used to it - but I love it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Favorite Christmas Gifts by cjs (Lot of info packed i...)
Thanks for the good wishes. The meniscus is a rubbery, C-shaped disc that cushions your knee. Each knee has two menisci, one at the outer edge of the knee and one at the inner edge. The menisci keep your knee steady by balancing your weight across the knee. A torn meniscus can prevent your knee from working right.

My medial (inner) meniscus is torn in two places, hence the surgery on 1/14. My knee pops in and out all the time and sometimes just gives out. The surgery is arthroscopic but still requires rehab time. I know about the ice, I had the lateral one in the same knee repaired in 2005. Panicked when I thought our ice maker was not working last night, it is ok now.

Love the knife block. I am thinking of getting a Spyderco sharpener now that I know I can keep my edges (got a couple of Amazon certificates as well.)