Top-Chef idea for our next Mystery Box
  Re: (...)
In one of the episodes of Top Chef's Last-Chance Kitchen, the two contestants were sent to a market with $25 to get whatever they wanted.

When they got back, Tom informed them that, since "less is more," they would actually be able to use only THREE of the ingredients they bought, although they were allowed the use of the pantry staple items.

Maybe, the next time we do one of our own Mystery Box challenges, we could impose this same limitation: out of the ingredients that we all suggest, each participant will only be able to use three from the list (could be different for each participant).

What do you think?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Top-Chef idea for our next Mystery Box by labradors (In one of the episod...)
Yes!
  Re: Re: Top-Chef idea for our next Mystery Box by DFen911 (Yes!...)
YES!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Top-Chef idea for our next Mystery Box by cjs (YES!!!...)
Great idea! I'm game.
  Re: Re: Top-Chef idea for our next Mystery Box by losblanos1 (Great idea! I'm game...)
I thought that was a cool challenge too. I'm game.

Can't remember if I mentioned that the last chance kitchen episodes are available on Directv on demand as well as online.
  Re: Re: Top-Chef idea for our next Mystery Box by Cubangirl (I thought that was a...)
In the words of Doc Holiday, "I'm in". " I'm your Huckleberry".
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Top-Chef idea for our next Mystery Box by cjs (YES!!!...)
Works really well for us . . . so when? And what?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Top-Chef idea for our next Mystery Box by Harborwitch (Works really well fo...)
Whenever people are ready. I was just mentioning the idea now since I finally caught up on Last-Chance Kitchen episodes, but many of you probably want a break, for a bit, after Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year, so you can decide amongst yourselves if and when you are ready and I'll be happy to join in.
  Re: Re: Top-Chef idea for our next Mystery Box by labradors (Whenever people are ...)
Go for it anytime....

By the way, does anyone remember which Last Chance episode it was??

Also, put your 'envy' coats on - when we get to Healdsburg to see my bestest friend, Coleenie, we're going to Chef Louis Maldonado's restaurant - Spoonbar!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Top-Chef idea for our next Mystery Box by cjs (Go for it anytime......)
Current season, episode five.