Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Leftover Mexican food to play with for a Sunday Brunch and a pkg. of salad 'stuff' a neighbor left us when they left the park to return a rental RV.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have been wanting to do something with the bean threads (cellophane noodles) that I got at that new supermarket, so I did some searching around and THIS sounded good, so that will be tonight's dinner.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? by labradors (Have been wanting to...)
We're making the lasagna pizza roll ups from the new issue but we are making some changes (mushrooms for the green pepper), mozz for the provolone.

I never order green peppers on pizza but always order mushrooms so why not?
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? by labradors (Have been wanting to...)
Yum, that sounds good, Labs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? by cjs (Yum, that sounds goo...)
Tonight I'm finally going to make the grilled flank steak with yellow chili sauce (Aji Amarillo) and Peruvian mashed potatoes.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? by losblanos1 (Tonight I'm finally ...)
Blane,

Do you have a recipe for the Aji Amarillo, or is it store bought? This new supermarket just so happens to have it available in jars.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? by labradors (Blane,[br][br]Do you...)
Rob, it's store bought (Amazon). The recipe calls out for powdered Aji, I bought paste, I really need to pay more attention.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? by losblanos1 (Rob, it's store boug...)
Now you've got me adding this to my exotic grocery shopping list, Blane. I found the paste all over the place on line and like the achiote, I'm hoping my Latin market carries it.

And during my peruvian searches this morning, I found a grilled peruvian chicken recipe I'm going to make tomorrow.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? by Trixxee (Now you've got me ad...)
Just before Christmas I made 3 small 8-layer lasagnas and gave away two but kept one for us. Finally we get our own lasagna! With bread and Caesar salad.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? by BarbaraS (Just before Christma...)
Well, I guess a wedding trip includes dinners out, I guess a Bridal pure wedding Brunch would be the way to go. When I asked Karyn, she suggested several places and then added one she had mentioned on here before called Canoe . After looking at all the menus, we decided on brunch today. THANK YOU KARYN!

Best meal any of us have ever had! Brunch at Canoe in Atlanta recommended by a forum friend who lives here! Forgot to get a picture of basket of Sticky Buns and Sweet and Savory Scones that were PERFECT!

Andrew's (the Groom) entree:
"Shrimp and Crawdads", Soft Scrambled Eggs, Andouille Sausage and Creamy Grits.

[Image: image-3.jpg]

Aleana (the Bride) and her father both got this entree: Applewood Bacon with Scrambled with Scrambled Eggs, Andouille Sausage, French Toast, and Maple Bacon Syrup.
[Image: image-5.jpg]

Anitra's (the Bride's mother) entree: Smoked Salmon Eggs Benidict with Applewood Bacon.
[Image: image-4.jpg]

My appetiser 1: She Crab Soup with Lump Crab Meat and Cream Sherry
[Image: image-6.jpg]

My appetiser 2: House Smoked Salmon on Crispy Potato Pancake with Vermont Goat Cheese.
[Image: image-9.jpg]

William's entree: Duck and Beef Burger with Fried Egg, Wilted Spinach, Spicy Escarole, Picked Cabbage and Truffle Pommes Frites.
[Image: image-7.jpg]

And finally the waitress asked if we wanted dessert. We all said no, but when she described the Chocolate Truffle with Hazelnut Filling with a Caramel Center on a Dark Chocolate Torte, Anitra and my eyes locked.
[Image: image-8.jpg]

There was a great deal of sharing and laughter. Thanks again, Karyn! Thanks to that hit, we are trying AquaTerra Bistro for Dinner !!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.