Way OT----steam mop for the kitchen floor
  Re: (...)
So, I decided to take advantage of after Christmas sales and got myself a steam mop. We just tried it out in the kitchen, downstairs bathroom and hallway. Why did I ever wait so long to buy one of these??? Highly recommend!

For anyone interested, I bought the Eureka enviro-mop, but there are plenty of them out there to choose from.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Way OT----steam mop for the kitchen floor by Mare749 (So, I decided to tak...)
Hmmm, I'll have to tell Roy Richard about this - he's the floor man.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Way OT----steam mop for the kitchen floor by cjs (Hmmm, I'll have to t...)
You've got me seriously thinking about getting on, Maryann. We have porcelain tile in our living room/family room/powder room and for the most part I just vacuum it. I am not much of a mopper but I would use this.
  Re: Re: Way OT----steam mop for the kitchen floor by Trixxee (You've got me seriou...)
I got a Shark last year, but after using it a time or two, I got frustrated with reloading the water. Just recently, Aleana pointed out I was probably spraying too often. OOPS! I plan to get mine back out!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Way OT----steam mop for the kitchen floor by Mare749 (So, I decided to tak...)
I don't remember the brand of ours . . . I loved it! We also had a hand held that came with it that I really liked. We did bring the floor steamer with us to do the carpets in the MH. It sucked at that and you have to use special pad things for rugs. Our tiny bit of kitchen floor can be "foot mopped".

It's in the trailer in WA.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Way OT----steam mop for the kitchen floor by Harborwitch (I don't remember the...)
I've been wanting one for some time now and keep checking Consumer Reports for the best kind. And that just confused me more

I swear I have to vacuum every day. Yes every single day. Because I have dark floors which show every flake of dust or dirt. So my vacuum is always out. But I mop once a week which is a pain in the arse! Dribble cleaner, mop it up, dribble more cleaner mop it up. And sometimes it takes a while to spread it evenly and get all clean.

I was looking at the steam mops as a way to stop carrying around the cleaner and get a more even cleaning done. Think this would work?
Well I'm curious about how it gets behind-the-toilet-bowl clean. I usually have to do this on my knees, which have been complaining quite loudly about it.

Plus, we have cats and one has hair so fine, I have to Furrminator her. A regular brush will not pick it up. So I end up vacuuming before I wash the floor. That also helps pick up the kicked out litter. Would I still have to vacuum before using the steam mop? It's a tiled floor.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Way OT----steam mop for the kitchen floor by BarbaraS (Well I'm curious abo...)
Yes, I'm afraid so, Barbara. It's necessary to vacuum any floor first because the steam mop does not vacuum, it only steams. But, it sure does a great job and the floors feel so smooth and clean. It's a keeper.

Almost forgot to answer your other question. We could not get the mop behind the toilet, just around the front and sides. Like you, I have to crawl down there to do it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Way OT----steam mop for the kitchen floor by Mare749 (Yes, I'm afraid so, ...)
Ours went behind the toilet. I can't wait until we can get rid of the carpet in our bathroom! Nasty. The rug shampooer won't get back there and my knees refuse that job. Hopefully next fall.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Way OT----steam mop for the kitchen floor by Harborwitch (Ours went behind the...)
Sigh.....why floors are in Roy's world and not mine!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com