Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Screwed up yesterday, today is when we're going to the Oyster House, duh. Yesterday we drove to Canyon Lake (what a beautiful area!) and had Buffalo wings while watching the Paddle Wheeler. Later stopped for a burger at some dive.

REally looking forward to today. Did get to The Pork Shop and what a pork palace that place is!! Got lots of goodies.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have some leftover chile colorado so another burrito, but this time with beans.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? by Trixxee (Have some leftover c...)
Can't wait to hear what you got and what you do with it, Jean!

And have fun tonight! Enjoy your escargot!!!!

Since William didn't get his favorite last night, I fixed it tonight....Lasagna Soup with Garlic Bread and Simple Salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? by Trixxee (Have some leftover c...)
Freezer diving is tricky business if you don't label your leftovers. Tonight's dinner was suppose to be ropa vieja, it turned out to be beef bourguignon.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? by losblanos1 (Freezer diving is tr...)
I keep trying to remember to label stuff - but . . . we've had some surprise dinners.

Tonight is a casserole my Grandmother used to make for "ladies' lunches". It's all out of the pantry except for cheese. WOW two recipes for the cookbook in two nights.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? by Harborwitch (I keep trying to rem...)
Trixxee, I'm finally making the Chile Colorado Burritos. Finally found the recipe.

My question is how you liked them with refried beans in them? I assume you warmed them before adding them to the burrito? Or did you have the beans on the side?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, I'm finally...)
Oops, just now saw this Daphne. I always do beans on the side. I use a can of Sun Vista pinto beans, drain out about half the liquid, bring to a simmer and add cumin, chili powder, mexican oregano and smash them up myself with a potato masher.

I'm not wild about the canned refried beans. I like to control the texture.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? by Trixxee (Oops, just now saw t...)
Thanks Trixxee! I'm finally getting to do this one this week! I want it to be perfect! Got it!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks Trixxee! I'm ...)
Welcome. Just thought of something - I also add a little pat of butter to make them creamier. Just not the same without it.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 1/9/14?? by Trixxee (Welcome. Just thoug...)
It was perfect, Trixxee! Dinner was WONDERFUL!!!!
Daphne