Freezer Diving....What's for Dinner
  Re: (...)
So on FB Blane posted a picture of dinner that was nothing like he thought it was. He thought he had grabbed something totally different from the freezer.

This got me thinking. We've all pulled things out that once thawed was not what we thought. My idea - the ultimate mystery box dinner.

Here's a link the FB calendar event I made on C@H - https://www.facebook.com/events/54928568...pe=regular

For those not on FB the idea is this weekend pull something out of the freezer you can't identify and thaw it. Then make a scrumptious dinner out of it!

Take a picture of the item out of the freezer, and then a picture of what you made
  Re: Freezer Diving....What's for Dinner by DFen911 (So on FB Blane poste...)
We have done that more than once. There was never a productive plunge!. We never ate anything we pulled out.

PS. We are not proud.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Freezer Diving....What's for Dinner by Old Bay (We have done that mo...)
Well Bill now is your time for redemption
  Re: Re: Freezer Diving....What's for Dinner by DFen911 (Well Bill now is you...)
Redemption, how sweet. Not to the tongue , the ear, the eye, the nose, or the toes. It's all part of life, as everyone knows..Carry on!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Freezer Diving....What's for Dinner by Old Bay (Redemption, how swee...)
What about those anal-retentives who properly label everything in the freezer?????????????????????????? But, I do have some wonderful leftovers in the freezer that need to be experimented with.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Freezer Diving....What's for Dinner by cjs (What about those ana...)
I can do this. There is a package in my freezer that I forgot to label. Probably thought I'd use it right away.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Freezer Diving....What's for Dinner by Mare749 (I can do this. There...)
I'll play fair, if I can't find a pkg. without a label, I'll stay away.....but I'd sure love to get a plug in for "I HAVE LEFTOVERS...What Do I Do Now?"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Freezer Diving....What's for Dinner by cjs (I'll play fair, if I...)
My freezer is pretty empty of unknowns right now. I think the only leftovers in there are lasagna roll ups and norwegian meatballs.
  Re: Re: Freezer Diving....What's for Dinner by Trixxee (My freezer is pretty...)
I have no freezer diving material either? I'm out. Good luck you guys!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Freezer Diving....What's for Dinner by Gourmet_Mom (I have no freezer di...)
Monday will be my day.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!