Sunday's Dinner, 1/12/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Haven't a clue, the weather is so beautiful here in Blythe that I'd love to grill but we're only staying one more night so not worth dragging everything out.

Maybe I'll get inspriation reading all your ideas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/12/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Yesterday, I picked up a whole, fresh chicken to roast, but then I saw that the store (i.e. the new supermarket) had Asiago cheese, so I changed my plans.

Instead, I'll butcher the chicken and, tonight, bake the breasts in a Mornay-style sauce using the Asiago in place of the usual Gruyère and Parmesan. I'll serve it all over some spaghetti.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/12/14?? by labradors (Yesterday, I picked ...)
That sounds good Labs.

I am making a spicy italian sausage/cheese tortellini soup with lots of vegetables in it.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/12/14?? by Trixxee (That sounds good Lab...)
Mystery meal with whatever this package is that I'm staring at and wondering about...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/12/14?? by Mare749 (Mystery meal with wh...)
PIzza
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/12/14?? by DFen911 (PIzza [img]/ubbthrea...)
decision made - Smoky Corn Quesadillas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/12/14?? by DFen911 (PIzza [img]/ubbthrea...)
Due to side affects of first antibiotic, I've been off it for almost a week. This means my infection is back like gangbusters! OIY! But my DH picked up my new prescription today, so I hope to be on the mend soon.

That said, he is also doing something with chicken for dinner. I'll have to let you know later.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/12/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Due to side affects ...)
Oh Daphne! Sorry to hear that! I hope your new script works out better.

I have to make meatballs for dinner tonight. Just pasta and sauce.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/12/14?? by BarbaraS (Oh Daphne! Sorry to...)
Hope they kick in soon, Daphne. A small turkey is in the oven, dressing and cranberry sauce is made, potatoes are peeled, the neck etc is in a pot for stock to make gravy. A simple Christmas dinner, all over again.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/12/14?? by Lorraine (Hope they kick in so...)
Feel better soon, Daphne.
www.achefsjourney.com