SuperBowl. 2014 Plans???
  Re: (...)
I've collected some junk food ideas - now to decide between them all.

How about you all?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: SuperBowl. 2014 Plans??? by cjs (I've collected some ...)
Well, I'll start this thread out with one we tried today -

[Image: Jan12BriePearJalapenoQuesadilla_zps820147f6.jpg]

This was really tasty and the jalapeno was a perfect foil to the brie & pear.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Brie and Pear Quesadillas -
Cookstr newsletter, a long time ago!

•6 ten-inch flour tortillas
•3 large firm-ripe Anjou or Bartlett pears (cored but no need to peel)
•¼ wheel semi-firm Brie cheese -- with rind
•4 to 5 medium jalapenos -- seeded and minced

Layout tortillas on the work surface (as many at a time as your space will allow). Slice 4 eighth-inch wedges of Brie for each tortilla and lay across one half of tortilla. Press four to five thin slices of pear into the Brie. Sprinkle about one hefty tablespoon minced jalapeños over the pears and fold the tortilla in half
pressing the halves together firmly. The filled quesadillas can be stacked, slightly overlapping, wrapped well, and refrigerated for 24 hours before proceeding.

Heat a griddle or skillet over medium high heat. Spray lightly with cooking oil. Lay quesadillas in the skillet, without crowding (quesadillas should not touch), and cook until crisp and lightly browned, flipping once, about three minutes per side. Repeat for remainder of quesadillas, placing them on warm sheet pans in a single layer as they are finished.

Alternatively, the quesadillas can be sprayed directly with the cooking oil, laid on sheet pans in a single layer, then baked in a preheated oven at 350° until crisp. Cut each quesadilla into five wedges and serve warm.

Quesadillas can be browned and crisped, then held for up to an hour, uncut. Reheat quickly in a hot oven, cut into wedges and serve.

P.S. suggested wine - Riunite Lambrusco - was great!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: SuperBowl. 2014 Plans??? by cjs (Well, I'll start thi...)
WOW! That looks and sounds amazing!

Right now I'm just hoping that I don't have to work, but that's not likely.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: SuperBowl. 2014 Plans??? by Harborwitch (WOW! That looks and...)
I'll cook quesadillas in a sauté pan two different ways - either in a dry pan or in olive oil. Unless you're really sloppy with them, they won't stick, even without oil or spray. The olive oil is just for flavour, not for preventing sticking.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: SuperBowl. 2014 Plans??? by labradors (I'll cook quesadilla...)
If I don't do them on the grill, I just spray my cast iron griddle and cook them on it. I love quesadillas!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: SuperBowl. 2014 Plans??? by cjs (If I don't do them o...)
When I was working at the restaurant, they had a BBQ duck quesadilla. Need I say more?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: SuperBowl. 2014 Plans??? by labradors (When I was working a...)
Yes - I've done those, at least my version.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: SuperBowl. 2014 Plans??? by cjs (Yes - I've done thos...)
That looks really good, Jean. Funny, I just made a quesadilla for lunch today. Just used ham and cheese, but it was so good.

No plans for superbowl yet...I don't actually like/watch football, but I like all the party planning and food that goes with the event, so I'm sure we will plan something.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: SuperBowl. 2014 Plans??? by Mare749 (That looks really go...)
We don't do much for Super Bowl since I have to work the next day. But depending on what we are doing the rest of the weekend, we may do a few goodies.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: SuperBowl. 2014 Plans??? by Gourmet_Mom (We don't do much for...)
Okay, needless to say, I won't be making this, but it sounded SO good,I thought I'd share. It was shared to me on FB.

Two pounds bacon, one can refrigerator biscuits (8 count), and one package mozzarella cubes (this makes no sense so I figure a block of cheese and use as needed?)

Cut biscuits into quarters, stuff with a cube of cheese, wrap with bacon and secure with skewer. Cook in oil heated to 350 degrees until bacon is crispy.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.