Wednesday's Dinner, 1/15/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I roasted some ribs yesterday so since this is a travel day, I'll just have to finish them off later. Not sure on the side. At the wonderful produce market the other day, I picked up corn, beets and brussels sprouts.............. decisions.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/15/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
All of my favorite vegetables, Jean. I'll have to pick up some beets soon.

I'm keeping it simple for this hump day. Grilled bacon cheeseburgers and frozen french fries.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/15/14?? by Trixxee (All of my favorite v...)
Went freezer diving and came up with a container of beef stew and some potato rolls, so that's it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/15/14?? by Mare749 (Went freezer diving ...)
Homemade Alfredo tonight. Cooking things Laura has requested Last night was grilled Ribeye steaks Heading to Eugene today to our Fried Chicken on at Papa's Soul Food!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/15/14?? by DFen911 (Homemade Alfredo ton...)
We're having pizza, assuming the dough actually rises after it thaws! Otherwise, I'll have to figure out a plan B...
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/15/14?? by karyn (We're having pizza, ...)
Tonight we get back into going to Wednesday night church activities, so we'll probably just grab some take out.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/15/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Tonight we get back ...)
We just got back from a road trip to Fort Bragg, CA. This is a trip that just makes my soul sing. We went to a restaurant I haven't been to since 1981 or so. The chowder was absolutely to die for - the same as it used to be. Bob had the "Treasure Chest" (oysters, scallops, prawns, and fresh red snapper) deep fried with fries and coleslaw. I stuck to the fish & chips. A bit over done but good. I brought some home.

We picked up a frozen lasagna and a kale salad for dinner, but . . . burp. I can't wait to go back. Pictures from the trip and the freezer dive tomorrow.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/15/14?? by Harborwitch (We just got back fro...)
Our diunner was exceptionally tasty last night - don't know why, nothing out of the ordinary, but the ribs with an Asian flavored sauce (old recipe) and a fruit platter was just delicious.

And, for dessert - This is not a dessert to serve to company, but what a great one for traveling. The lemon curd I made the other day did, indeed set up and the flavor was very good, so I'll quit knocking the recipe.

[Image: Jan15LemonCurdwRitzCrackers_zps91ff1741.jpg]

I just layered Ritz crackers with the curd and the flavors and texture were just great - in fact Roy cheated and made a 2nd one!! Nothing fancy at all, just good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/15/14?? by cjs (Our diunner was exce...)
What you need to do now is to make some scones to go with that lemon curd. YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/15/14?? by labradors (What you need to do ...)
That lemon curd looks so good. Simple but perfect.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."