T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm making a pizza for brunch - probably just a plain salami & onion. Later, a bowl of soup??

Wow, did we land in a beautiful RV park here in Stockton! Denise, I'll send you the info on it to add to your travel book. We've even pushed back our travel dates so we can stay here 4 days instead of 2!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Pulled some meatballs & spicy italian sausage from the freezer. Will make another salad since this container of greens is bottomless.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Stockton? Wonder if they use work campers?

I think tonight will be farro with roasted cauliflower and poached eggs. It's a work night so we'll see.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? by Harborwitch (Stockton? Wonder if...)
Freezer diving here...it's been a rough week. We're heating some of the Pasta alla Nonna sauce over whatever shape pasta I have. Roasted broccolini on the side.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? by karyn (Freezer diving here....)
I hear ya' Karyn!

William isn't doing the farm tonight since he is not allowed to stay out there by himself anymore, and our designated driver took off today for a quick trip to meet up with her mom....long story. He's doing steak night for the two of us tonight! We are adhering to the new diet by grilling small rib eyes, splitting a baked potato with little adornment, and a big salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I hear ya' Karyn![br...)
Steak night here also. It really has been a rough week, I've missed 4 of 5 days at work because of the flu.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? by losblanos1 (Steak night here als...)
Blane, so sorry to hear! I hope you are on the mend!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Blane, so sorry to h...)

Flu isn't fun. Plus, it can affect your taste until it's done. Hope it clears up soon.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? by labradors ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Oh oh, feel better soon, Blane.

Daphne, a hint for helping baked potato taste better - drain a can of Progresso soup (use liquid for cooking pasta/rice/quinoa/etc.) and top the potato half with the 'soup' - tastes pretty good and they are pretty good tasting soups, when they are doctored up a tad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/17/14?? by cjs (Oh oh, feel better s...)
Thanks everyone. My fever broke last night and I'm up bright and early.

Rob, you're right about the flu affecting my taste, even asparagus wasn't going down to well. The good news is that I lost my Holiday weight gain.