So Happy and yet So Sad
  Re: (...)
Well today was our last day together with Laura and Joakim. Very sad to see them go tomorrow. We'll have to leave to take them to Portland tomorrow at 6:30am.

I am so very grateful for their visit! I did not think we'd be able to see them for 3 years after Laura departed. Since Joakim has school for the next 2.5 year then 2015 will hopefully see us heading to Europe.

These two really have such a lifestyle of travel and food/culture experiences that I envy. They have traveled to Spain, Paris, England. Istanbul, Sweden, Germany and Italy together. It is so interesting to hear their opinions on various world events because they get news that we do not here on the US.

Such a wonderful visit. I look forward to writing up the blog with pictures
  Re: So Happy and yet So Sad by DFen911 (Well today was our l...)
Denise it sounds like a wonderful visit! What a treat! I'm so thrilled that you got the chance to have this wonderful visit. It's so hard to be separated from our kids, and it's such a joy to get to reunite even if it is for a short time. Daughter hugs are precious and fill our hearts.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: So Happy and yet So Sad by Harborwitch (Denise it sounds lik...)
Oh, what a bittersweet time for you all!! But, take heart - Roy & Jean will be there one day soon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: So Happy and yet So Sad by cjs (Oh, what a bitterswe...)
I know this is a difficult goodbye. But 2015 will be here before you know it! At least I hope so! I'll hold your hand, if you'll hold mine!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: So Happy and yet So Sad by Gourmet_Mom (I know this is a dif...)
Lol Daphne! You know I thought it would be easier, it was so hard when she first went away to San Francisco, but then she went off to Spain and I thought that was bad, but darn kid keeps upping the ante
  Re: Re: So Happy and yet So Sad by DFen911 (Lol Daphne! You know...)
I can only think, "What if this was me?" Answer? I would think I was living a dream!

Embrace her experiences and find joy in that. She is one lucky lady and is filling her life with rich experiences and memories that will make her a better person. You did well, Mom! Congrats to you for being able to let go and let her "Fly!"
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.