Saturday's Dinner, 1/18/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

I'm making Patty Melts and a fruit platter. Easy food is the rule while this beautiful weather lasts. Don't want to stay in trailer anymore than necessary.

Even took the fireplace outside with us and played cribbage and had dinner long into the night!!!! Love this fireplace.
[Image: Jan16CribbagewFireplaceoutside_zpsd8260d64.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/18/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm looking around for healthy options for a HUGE pork loin. Going to look at the Winter Pork Stew nutritional info and maybe Italian Sausage? We'll see!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/18/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm looking around f...)
We wound up going out for sushi so tonight will be meatballs, sausage, pasta and salad.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/18/14?? by Trixxee (We wound up going ou...)
Old school Tacos tonight.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/18/14?? by losblanos1 (Old school Tacos ton...)
I just put a pot roast in the crock pot with carrots, onions, & celery and a beer. I browned the roast in drippings from porchetta leftovers. I'll ask Bob to get some potatoes on to mash. It's another 8:00 work night. It'll be nice to come home to a wonderful dinner.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/18/14?? by Harborwitch (I just put a pot roa...)
We had some shopping to do (Denise, we bought full-face helmets! Boy are they expensive...) and stopped for a late lunch at Ted's Montana Grill. I had a major burger craving! Needless to say, we're not really hungry, so if we eat at all it'll be leftovers from last night.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/18/14?? by karyn (We had some shopping...)
It's so quiet here tonight with the kids gone. Derek and I are just gonna eat up left overs. We have a burger, some chicken, some pasta
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/18/14?? by DFen911 (It's so quiet here t...)
Quiet nights, quiet stars, quiet chords on soft guitars . It doesn't get any better. Have a great evening together.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/18/14?? by Old Bay (Quiet nights, quiet ...)
Aleana's mother, Anitra, is a HUGE weight loss fitness guru. As a matter of fact, she is currently studying to be a personal trainer and has recently been asked to be a nutritional advisor with her own blog. She has lived this lifestyle for several years now. I'll let Aleana explain further if she would like.

ANYWAY, who better to advise us on nutritional meals. William is VERY into salads these days. So tonight we had an HUGE "Anitra Inspired" salad made by Aleana! Lots of veggies, Craisins, capers, feta, sunflower seeds, tuna, and light Ranch Dressing...it was filling and delicious! We all agreed this would be a great weekly meal. Only thing I would change is our own homemade dressing, to be worked on soon, and I'd love to sub pine nuts for the sunflower seeds....if I could afford it! LOL!

Great job, Aleana!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/18/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Aleana's mother, Ani...)
So glad you enjoyed!!!
Nothing is better then getting to spend time together and experiment with new, HEALTHY mealsSmile