Chicken Marsala---need side dishes
  Re: (...)
I'm helping a dear friend host a dinner party for 12. She wants to make Chicken Marsala, which everyone loves, but we just can't decide what sides to make to go along with it. I think the Marsala sauce is throwing me off. Any menu suggestions would be so appreciated.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Chicken Marsala---need side dishes by Mare749 (I'm helping a dear f...)
I love Marsala sauce. Depending on how carby you want to make the meal, I'd definitely have a crusty bread. I think green beans go well, a light pasta side such angel hair comes to mind (with just a bit of olive oil and garlic). A nice kale salad or mixed greens (Costco has a great kale, chard, etc. mix). That said, I usually serve mine with zucchini with colored bell peppers and onions, garlic bread and a nice pinot grigio. As I said I love Marsala so I don't want a lot more.
  Re: Chicken Marsala---need side dishes by Mare749 (I'm helping a dear f...)
Since it is usually served on pasta (or has it on the side), I'd just go with some kind of vegetable medley and some garlic bread.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Chicken Marsala---need side dishes by labradors (Since it is usually ...)
Serving 12 - you might think about a pasta primavera for a side with the Chicken Marsala. You could make it with a cream sauce, or any number of ways to go with the eating habits of the crowd.

A big green salad for a starter and dinner would be easy, but elegant.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken Marsala---need side dishes by cjs (Serving 12 - you mig...)
Roasted Asparagus or broccoli, garlicky green beans, sautéed veggies like squash, zucchini, onion, and garlic?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Chicken Marsala---need side dishes by Gourmet_Mom (Roasted Asparagus or...)
Thanks everyone. I'm meeting Carol tomorrow and will run your suggestions by her. They all sound good, but right now, the pasta prim and roasted asparagus are in the lead.

I was also considering doing a risotto...

Thanks for the wine suggestion, Alina.
Maryann

Re: Re: Chicken Marsala---need side dishes by Mare749 (Thanks everyone. I'm...)
How about poached pears to finish?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Chicken Marsala---need side dishes by Old Bay (How about poached pe...)
What a nice idea. Thanks!
Maryann