Mystery Box for review on Feb. 11, 2014
  Re: (...)
Okay, let's go ahead and get the first Mystery Box of 2014 started.

Jean, go ahead and edit the thread subject with the appropriate date once everyone agrees upon one.

Remember: This time we're going to try an experiment based upon Last-Chance Kitchen in that, once we have the list of ingredients, each participant will be able to use only THREE of those ingredients. The usual "pantry," etc. will still be open, but you may choose only three items from the Mystery-Box ingredient list and may not use any of the rest. The choice of which three to use is up to each participant.

Now, what ingredients shall we use? Ideas, anyone?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Mystery Box for review on Feb. 11, 2014 by labradors (Okay, let's go ahead...)
I'm suggesting:

Quinoa
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mystery Box for review on MM/DD/2014 by cjs (I'm suggesting:[br][...)
I'll suggest something else that the new supermarket had that has only been available once, here, a few years ago:

Serrano chiles
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Mystery Box for review on MM/DD/2014 by labradors (I'll suggest somethi...)
I'm in love already!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mystery Box for review on MM/DD/2014 by cjs (I'm in love already!...)
Shrimp is my suggestion.
  Re: Re: Mystery Box for review on MM/DD/2014 by losblanos1 (Shrimp is my suggest...)
Peanuts, any form.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Mystery Box for review on MM/DD/2014 by Old Bay (Peanuts, any form....)
So far:
Quinoa
Serrano peppers
Shrimp
Peanuts
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mystery Box for review on MM/DD/2014 by cjs (So far:[br]Quinoa[br...)
I'm going to add ground pork.
  Re: Re: Mystery Box for review on MM/DD/2014 by DFen911 (I'm going to add gro...)
Can somebody remind me what pantry items we can use? I know vinegar, oils, sauces, and spices are okay, but where do we stand with produce and dairy items.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mystery Box for review on MM/DD/2014 by DFen911 (I'm going to add gro...)
Plantains
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!