Monday's Dinner, 1/20/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Travel day for us to Redding, CA - maybe out?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/20/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Damage control time. A big salad topped with parmesan-panko crusted chicken.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/20/14?? by Trixxee (Damage control time....)
I have no idea. We've got to go to Eureka today - Bob has an appointment at the VA so it's up in the air.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/20/14?? by Harborwitch (I have no idea. We'...)
Making a meatloaf Finally got a decent meatloaf pan too. Not sure if I'm looking forward to the meatloaf tonight or the sandwiches tomorrow
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/20/14?? by DFen911 (Making a meatloaf [i...)
Not too crazy about hot meatloaf, but I do love a meatloaf sandwich! Been a while.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/20/14?? by cjs (Not too crazy about ...)
As a kid, I liked meatloaf sandwiches better than hot meatloaf, too. When we moved to a different town, my mom learned a different meatloaf technique from an elderly, Austrian neighbour and, after that, I loved hot meatloaf.

The difference?

What my mom used to make was the typical meatloaf with ketchup and cooked in a loaf pan.

What our new neighbour taught her was more like a "meatloaf pot roast." There was no ketchup, and the meat was formed into a free-standing loaf that was then browned and braised in a Dutch oven, yielding a juicy meatloaf with lots of rich gravy.

When you can have that, why make a dry, ketchup meatloaf?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/20/14?? by labradors (As a kid, I liked me...)
"What our new neighbour taught her was more like a "meatloaf pot roast." There was no ketchup, and the meat was formed into a free-standing loaf that was then browned and braised in a Dutch oven, yielding a juicy meatloaf with lots of rich gravy."

Well, while I do 'frost' with some kind of sauce on top once in a while, I pretty much do what your mother does - I free-form and roast in a shallow baking sheet, so pretty close, I guess.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/20/14?? by cjs ("What our new neighb...)
From issue #103 I'm making the banana bread pancakes with bananas Foster syrup and sausage.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/20/14?? by cjs ("What our new neighb...)
I usually free form as well. Now I'm wanting meatloaf.

Tonight, I decided to do leftovers. I had grades to do today, so I took the night off.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/20/14?? by losblanos1 (From issue #103 I'm ...)
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Banana pancakes are phenomenal.

I still use the recipe I posted six years ago and so does my mom. In fact, she just made some of those a few days ago.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?