Wednesday's Dinner, 1/22/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Champagne brunch here - roasted duck wraps
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/22/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Champagne brunch sounds fun!

We're having Sauted Beef with White Wine and Rosemary. It's quick and easy, and I really enjoy it. I'll serve it with brown rice pilaf and rosted broccolini.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/22/14?? by karyn (Champagne brunch sou...)
Tony's not home for dinner so I think I'm ordering pizza for Michael and I. He has his first ever finals tomorrow and Friday so this will free me up to help quiz him on Biology at least.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/22/14?? by Trixxee (Tony's not home for ...)
Karyn, that sounds so good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/22/14?? by cjs (Karyn, that sounds s...)
Whatever thaws first - game hen or chuck steaks. I am hoping for game hen because I love to cook them in my panini because the skin gets so nice and crispy.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/22/14?? by DFen911 (Whatever thaws first...)
Have never done a game hen on the panini.....hmmmm.

We had a great Brunch with the leftover Rstd. Duck Lettuce Wraps!!!

The dish we had at the Asian restaurant Monday -
[Image: Jan20CrabWontonRstDuckforWrap_zps20d862d0.jpg]

morphed into this a.m. -
[Image: Jan22RstdDuckQuesadilla_zps18c563a1.jpg]

[Image: Jan22ChampagnewDuckQuesadilla_zps67b7ee0a.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/22/14?? by cjs (Have never done a ga...)
From the angle shown, that glass reminds me of the "yard of ale" glass my great-grandfather had. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/22/14?? by labradors (From the angle shown...)
Jean it's wonderful! And it cooks up in like 1/2 the time. I rub it all over with a bit olive oil, some garlic powder and salt/pepper and that's it. Set the panini to high. Spatchcock your bird. I place it legs to the back and put a weight (cast iron skillet) on top of the panini to make sure nice and pressed. Takes about 10-15 min to cook.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/22/14?? by labradors (From the angle shown...)
Nice!

Aleana's doing salad again tonight. This is church night and William and I we be home an hour after they head home. So she'll be able to have it ready when we get back! YUM! Trying it with goat cheese tonight!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/22/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Nice![br][br]Aleana'...)
Hot dogs!