T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/24/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyont today?

We're headed to the beach - haven't been to an Oregon beach since we lived here in the 80s. Going to be cold, but I think it'll be quite clear!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/24/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am going to make Cuisine's Chicken Pomodoro but since Tony doesn't like the texture of tomatoes (crazy if you ask me) I will add some tomato paste to the cream sauce. I might throw a few capers in as well. Served over angel hair and asparagus on the side. The prices are dropping on our favorite vegetable.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/24/14?? by Trixxee (I am going to make C...)
Tonight will be the cheddar/jalapeno sausages with sauteed peppers and onions on pretzel rolls. Bob's got kitchen duty - it's an 8 o'clock night for me.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/24/14?? by Harborwitch (Tonight will be the ...)
Going out for Chinese then to a folk concert.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/24/14?? by DFen911 (Going out for Chines...)
Whatever William brings back from the farm?

But lunch tomorrow with OS in Raleigh will be at Vivace .
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/24/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Whatever William bri...)
I found 6 or 7 things right off the bat I would order!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/24/14?? by cjs (I found 6 or 7 thing...)
That's the problem! Deciding!!!!! Truffles are definitely going to be ordered! Hopefully, I can get everybody to order something different and share!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/24/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (That's the problem! ...)
I will have the "seasonal salad" and the risotto please. Sigh. I could start with the olives and almonds though . . .
Daphne everything sounds so good.

Billie was fixing a curry for her son, Jack, and brought me out a sample - OMG! It was so good. I would have licked the plate but I was afraid a customer might walk in. A proper curry with chicken, peas, and Basmati - two versions; spicy with cream and not too spicy with half & half.

Bob is finishing our dinner up now. I'm starving.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/24/14?? by Harborwitch (I will have the "sea...)
The risotto was unbelievable!!!! And it was a HUGE portion! Everyone got to sample and all agreed it was super good!
Daphne