Cooking with Yotam Ottolenghi:An interview on ATK
  Re: (...)
I just listened to this podcast while checking emails and forums. I've never been as excited about eating meatless dishes, as I was after reading Ottolenghi's Plenty (only $9.99 Kindle) and Jerusalem. I got the tomatoes to make Roasted Romas with green lentils.

You can find the podcast here The interview starts at about 17:30. Got a bonus ATK Best Chicken Parmesan recipe at the end that I have copied as well. Well worth listening to why the interview and the takeaway points at the end. So different from French type cooking.
  Re: Cooking with Yotam Ottolenghi:An interview on ATK by Cubangirl (I just listened to t...)
Will check this one out - never heard of this chef. Sounds interesting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cooking with Yotam Ottolenghi:An interview on ATK by cjs (Will check this one ...)
Jerusalem is one of the most popular cookbooks of 2013 and won the James Beard award for best International cookbook.. Eat your Books recently reviewed it as have almost all cooking magazines. The cookbooks are truly amazing. There have only been a couple of recipes I have no interest in making which has never happened before.
  Re: Re: Cooking with Yotam Ottolenghi:An interview on ATK by Cubangirl (Jerusalem is one of ...)
I'll have to check this out as well! Sounds like something I can use for William! I'm getting tired of watching him eat tuna! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cooking with Yotam Ottolenghi:An interview on ATK by Gourmet_Mom (I'll have to check t...)
Thanks Alina, I'm going to check this out. I never thought I would see the day that Ron would eat a meatless meal, but over time, he has become much more receptive to it. I like to use the Moosewood Restaurant books.

ETA: I was able to request both books from my library, so will have them in a few days.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Cooking with Yotam Ottolenghi:An interview on ATK by Mare749 (Thanks Alina, I'm go...)
Watching right now: he's the guest judge on The Taste!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Cooking with Yotam Ottolenghi:An interview on ATK by labradors (Watching right now: ...)
How timely! we'll watch it tonight.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cooking with Yotam Ottolenghi:An interview on ATK by cjs (How timely! [img]/ub...)
I've been reading "Jerusalem" and it's so very interesting! Have to be honest though...there are only a couple of recipes that we might actually try. The flavor combinations are fascinating, but I'm not sure that our palates are evolved enough to appreciate them. But, I keep wanting to pick up the book and read more!!!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Cooking with Yotam Ottolenghi:An interview on ATK by Mare749 (I've been reading "J...)
I just saw the Taste. I saved it so I could go back and carefully listen to some of the advice on increasing flavor and ingredient combinations.

I love how he uses tahini as a condiment. I love hamburgers with hummus on them. And after reading the books, I got the idea to add Vitamix hummus to some tuna in olive oil I was going to have (being very lazy so I had just drained some of the oil and added fresh lime juice and garlic.) It was really good. I am about halfway copying recipes from Plenty into LC. There is a caramelized garlic tart and a surprise tatin that I can't wait to make.
  Re: Re: Cooking with Yotam Ottolenghi:An interview on ATK by Cubangirl (I just saw the Taste...)
Quote:

I love how he uses tahini as a condiment.

Especially as a coating for crusting something. (Forget which show I saw him either do or suggest that, since I saw him on some other show, as well.)
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?