Monday's Dinner, 1/27/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

On the road for us, so something fast when we land.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/27/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
An old stand by - chicken stuffed with goat cheese, basil and scallions. Asparagus and roasted red potatoes on the side.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/27/14?? by Trixxee (An old stand by - ch...)
Something with a pork tenderloin. Looking for inspiration.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/27/14?? by Mare749 (Something with a por...)
Hamburger soup. Made it for yesterday but we were all so full from lunch and snacks while going wine tasting none of us were very hungry. Also have a bit of blackberry pie left over so dessert is covered as well
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/27/14?? by DFen911 (Hamburger soup. Made...)
So, I decided on Pork & Mushroom Stew from "Cuisine Tonight Quick and Easy Menus" over Apple-Potato Mash. More comfort food for another cold week.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/27/14?? by Mare749 (So, I decided on Por...)
We love that pork & mushroom stew, I may have to put it in the rotation next week.

Tonight's a new recipe from the holiday menus cookbook. Baked blueberry French toast with sausage bacon bites. I prepped it yesterday, now all I have to do is pop it into the oven.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/27/14?? by losblanos1 (We love that pork & ...)
Maryann your dinner just called out to me for applesauce, now I have a craving!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/27/14?? by cjs (Maryann your dinner ...)
Chicken enchiladas from the freezer here.

I keep running across recipes for pork tenderloin braised in milk, and I'm getting more and more tempted to try it even though the concept kind of sounds gross to me. Has anyone ever done that?
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/27/14?? by karyn (Chicken enchiladas f...)
Karyn - maybe that would be similar to soaking chicken in buttermilk?
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/27/14?? by Trixxee (Karyn - maybe that w...)
I'm doing an old favorite....Chicken Linguine with Candied Cherry Tomatoes. I figured I'd do a summer favorite while it's warm before the winter storm hits!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.