Wednesday's Dinner, 1/29/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

Had just a taste of Denise's Hamburger soup day before yesterday (?) and I'm still hungry for it, so if I can find my old recipe, I'll make some today. Also, thawing out a steak to grill.

We can't even have a nice fire now that we're home (insert ) - our propane tank is down to 15% and they can't deliver until next Monday!!! darn, so grilling and crockpot as much as possible for a few days.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/29/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
What a bummer Jean!

Hamburger soup? Sounds yummy.

I think I will take some soup out of the freezer. If I remember correct, it was chicken and wild rice. I need to start writing this stuff down. Pulled some soup out of the freezer the other day... I could have sworn it was Ham & Bean soup... Nope! Corn & Bacon Chowder. Still good.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/29/14?? by luvnit (What a bummer Jean! ...)
Really cold here again today, so I'm making a big pot of chili. YUMMY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/29/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Really cold here aga...)
We're iced in, so I'm going for slow-cooking comfort food--Coq au Vin.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/29/14?? by karyn (We're iced in, so I'...)
Not to rub it in, but 80 again here today. I think I am going to pick up a rotissiere chicken - Michael will at least eat some protein that way. Yellow rice for him, roasted potatoes and sliced tomatoes for me. Poor Tony is flying to Chicago - he is not used to 6 degree weather.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/29/14?? by Trixxee (Not to rub it in, bu...)
We're on day 2 of this week's Artic freeze. Holly is here with all the grandkids and Ron is home again. So, we are eating our way through Subway sandwiches, Chinese pickles, deviled eggs, and pizzelles. Probably won't eat dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/29/14?? by Mare749 (We're on day 2 of th...)
Quote:

Chinese pickles, deviled eggs, and pizzelles

Oh how I wish I was there!!! He's making chili (sure hope my taste buds are back).
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/29/14?? by Trixxee (Not to rub it in, bu...)
Quote:

Not to rub it in, but 80 again here today.

Bless your heart, Trixxee, we have names for people who brag like that here in the South...LOL! (My family in California is convinced that any insult preceded by 'Bless her heart' is completely acceptable in this part of the country...they aren't completely wrong...) I'm really missing the milder California winters right now. Enjoy your beautiful day!

As I'm sure I've whined about before, warmer in Anchorage than in Atlanta on a regular basis is really not making me happy this year!

Maryann, I love those kind of dinners. Stay warm!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/29/14?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
"Bless your heart, Trixxee, we have names for people who brag like that here in the South...LOL! (My family in California is convinced that any insult preceded by 'Bless her heart' is completely acceptable..."

Oh, did I hoot at this one - same in this part of the country...your a$$ is covered it you finish a snide remark with "...bless her/his heart" Billy used to love that one!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/29/14?? by cjs ("Bless your heart, T...)
Jest if you wish. But I'm the one with flip flops on and all the doors and windows open, bless your little hearts.

Bwwaaaahhhh!