Next Trip
  Re: (...)
Ok wanted to toss this out there. Derek and I will be heading to Boulder CO to visit a dear friend and then head south to Taos NM, then up thru CO in WY and over to SD to see Mt Rushmore. Then up and back west thru Montana, Idaho and home. Below is our tentative route. Anyone near by and want to meet up? We are looking to start our journey the last week in May or first week in June.

Route
  Re: Next Trip by DFen911 (Ok wanted to toss th...)
Hmmmmm link didn't work?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Next Trip by Harborwitch (Hmmmmm link didn't w...)
Looks and sounds wonderful, Denise. If only we could, but it will be a few more years before Ron can retire. Then, we hope to enjoy the freedom like you do to pick up and go.

P.S. We would really enjoy seeing your pictures along the way...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
South Dakota! That is just a jump and a skip from here!

When you are sure of your travel plans, and have some dates... please let us know! We'd love it if it worked out
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Depending on when and if you're stopping in Kennewick we might be able to get down. We'll wave as we head north mid April.

Not too far from Rushmore is the Crazy Horse Monument. To us it was the most stunning and heart stirring. It'll be years before it's near completion - but so stunning. We had wished we were there on a night when they were doing blasting, but had to get back to ND.

We stayed at a wonderful RV park in Wyoming - beautiful place - and there was a big "event" in town, very historical and cool. I'll see if I can find the name, it was so pretty.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Next Trip by Harborwitch (Depending on when an...)
We'll be over in the Wenatchee area at that time (end of May/first of June) then on to OR, so will miss you all around.

Sounds like a great trip!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Next Trip by cjs (We'll be over in the...)
That ought to be an awesome trip! Should produce some incredible pictures!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Next Trip by Gourmet_Mom (That ought to be an ...)
Renting a toy hauler and driving out to Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands is a trip John and I keep talking about, but we figure we need at least two months to do it right, so we can't make it work. There are days where we are working on a countdown to retirement, but is seems so far off right now!!