Saturday's Dinner, 2/8/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

I think we'll have pizza for mid-day and another one later. I want to use some of the smoked turkey and I found two ideas that I can't deciede between...

one with cranberry, onion, Jack, walnuts
one with rstd. garlic, pesto, mozz, provolone, artichokes, tomatoes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/8/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm working on Italian Wedding Soup to have later. We both have whopping colds so that's probably going to be about all we feel like eating. Still very cold here, so staying in and being lazy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/8/14?? by Mare749 (I'm working on Itali...)
Maryann sounds yummy! But love your tag line
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/8/14?? by DFen911 (Maryann sounds yummy...)
Thanks Denise, I do too. We never use any kind of so-called "diet food" in this house.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/8/14?? by Mare749 (Thanks Denise, I do ...)
Well, I wanted to make the green mexican meatball chili from the Soups/Stews book that I was going to make for the Superbowl but no one wants to run to the store for a couple of missing ingredients so we're just going to have cheeseburgers and frozen fries. Blane's burger looked awfully good last night- hopefully mine will be as delicious.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/8/14?? by Trixxee (Well, I wanted to ma...)
Thanks Trixxee, sometimes there's nothing better then a burger and fries.

In an effort to gain back my manliness (I was called a wuss yesterday), I'm going to grill chicken cordon bleu for dinner. Outside! In the cold! Unless it's really, really cold, then I'll make chicken cutlets.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/8/14?? by losblanos1 (Thanks Trixxee, some...)
LOL, Blane!

We're headed to Gunshow, a new restaurant in Atlanta, to celebrate our yournger son's birthday. It's an interesting concept...there is not division between the chefs and the diners, and the chefs bring their food to the tables in small-plate portions. Its supposed to be sort of like dim sum, but without the Chinese flavors. I'm not really sure what to expect, but it should be fun!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/8/14?? by karyn (LOL, Blane![br][br]W...)
What an interesting concept, Karyn - anxious to hear how you like it!

Good on you, Blane!!! I was the 'wus' today - I did my pizza in the oven, didn't grill it.

The pizza was just wonderful - I'm going to try to pull up the "Best Pizza" thread and add it to the list!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/8/14?? by cjs (What an interesting ...)
Jean, you're no wus.

I am not a wus either, proof that I grilled tonight. Although I have to admit, it was 35 degrees at grillin time, not quite the low 20's yesterday.

[Image: 3_zpse7598800.jpg]

Maybe that makes me a wimp.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/8/14?? by losblanos1 (Jean, you're no wus....)
What are those in the picture, Blane? Hot Pockets?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?