OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only
  Re: (...)
Just noticed that ImageShack has switched to a pay-only site. Aside from a one-month "trial period," you can only upload images to ImageShack if you have a "Premium" (i.e. paid) account. Thus, I shall no longer be recommending ImageShack.

Over the next couple of days, I'll be testing a number of other sites to find one I can recommend.

Stay tuned.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only by labradors (Just noticed that Im...)
Thanks Labs. Photobucket is getting weird.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only by Harborwitch (Thanks Labs. Photob...)
Well, you did spur me on to getting everything I have on my laptop re cookbooks on DVDs.

I have every picture for the On The Road book on Image Shack - it was so much easier to manipulate the sizing than Photobucket ever was/is.

If you find another freebie, maybe I'll just move the book pix over. Thanks Labs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only by cjs (Well, you did spur m...)
Jean do you have all your pictures on CD as well? I would hate for them to block you from logging in to download them back because you don't have a paid subscription.
  Re: Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only by DFen911 (Jean do you have all...)
Denise I am so paranoid - I have my pictures all in 3 or 5 different places - hard drive, dvds, flash drives, etc. My big issue now is all of the cd's from Seattle Film Works that only work up to XP without another software investment. A lot of our life is on those discs - from 95 to 2001.
  Re: Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only by Harborwitch (Denise I am so paran...)
Sharon,

From what I've read, the free program IrfanView, after you also install its free plug-in package (which contains the additional formats and many other features) can not only view, but also convert those Seattle Film Works files.

I don't have any of those kinds of CDs, so I have no way of testing it or giving you much instruction, but I DO use the IrfanView viewer, itself, and it has been a great program for many years.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only by labradors (Sharon,[br][br]From ...)
Denise, maybe I didn't use the correct term in my post - I now have my book pictures on c.d.s or DVDs or whatever those discs are called.

They are in our safety deposit box now - safely stored.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only by cjs (Denise, maybe I didn...)
Ah excellent!
  Re: Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only by labradors (Sharon,[br][br]From ...)
Thanks Labs I'll check it out. I'd really hate to lose those pictures.

Labs I owe you! It's wonderful! So cool to see pictures from 1999 right now.

Hard to believe!

[Image: BobandSharonChristmas2009_zps93f78f69.jpg]
  Re: Re: OT: Stop using ImageShack - they're going pay only by Harborwitch (Thanks Labs I'll che...)
O.K., Sharon and Labs - is this something I can figure out?????
www.achefsjourney.com