Wednesday's Dinner, 2/12/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Linguine with shrimp scampi here along with a recipe I ran across in issue #93 for Lomi tomatoes - sounds interesting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/12/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Another "thrify" meal here - chicken fajita soft tacos with chipotle lime crema, smashed pinto beans topped with a little cheese.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/12/14?? by Trixxee (Another "thrify" mea...)
I'm thinking of thawing some chili. No telling how long the power will be out, so I may as well use up freezer items first.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/12/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm thinking of thaw...)
Making meatballs So probably spaghetti.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/12/14?? by DFen911 (Making meatballs [im...)
I took out a package of Honey Baked Ham that we froze after the holidays, so will just warm that slightly. Made a casserole of scalloped potatoes, and a side of green peas. Holly had to work late tonight because of parent/teacher conferences, so Katie, Abby, and Bob will join us.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/12/14?? by Mare749 (I took out a package...)
Everything sounds so good for tonight.
I'm making the Bistro Sandwich with Herb Salad and Tomato Vinaigrette.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/12/14?? by losblanos1 (Everything sounds so...)
Is that the one with the poached egg on top? If so, it's super delicious!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/12/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Is that the one with...)
Daphne, take care! We've been really fortunate so far. Our power has stayed on and we've stayed in. I can't even walk to the store because of the ice. Thank goodness all of Atlanta was much better prepared than two weeks ago. However, this time the storm arrived overnight. Last time it was in the middle of the day. I feel so bad for the people of Charlotte, who look like they are reliving our Atlanta commute of two weeks ago.

Dinner tonight is chicken saltimboca, risotto, and roasted green beans. I've had a lot of time to think about dinner and nowhere to go!

Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/12/14?? by karyn (Daphne, take care! W...)
I meant THRIFTY. I can't spell or type anymore. LOL.

And I agree with Blane - everything sounds good tonight.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/12/14?? by Trixxee (I meant THRIFTY. I ...)
Tonight was "Redneck Stroganoff", smushed potatoes, and green beans. Easy, thrify, and used up some leftover ground beef and mushrooms.

I am going to work on this recipe for the book - it was kinda fun and gave me lots of ideas.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!