Sous Vide and Nespresso
  Re: (...)
Just wanted to share that my Sansaire sous vide circulator arrived today. I am so excited to try it. Steve has requested prime rib for his birthday on the 1st, so the timing is perfect. I just hope his blowtorch uses the right kind of fuel.

On a separate note, we are really enjoying our Nespresso Latissima+. I've had more espressos in the last week than I've had in the last couple of years. I've also been enjoying cafe con leches so I made some Cuban bread today so I could have a proper Cuban breakfast.

Anyone have any experience with the Nespresso or sous vide?
  Re: Sous Vide and Nespresso by Cubangirl (Just wanted to share...)
Quote:

Just wanted to share that my Sansaire sous vide circulator arrived today. I am so excited to try it. Steve has requested prime rib for his birthday on the 1st, so the timing is perfect. I just hope his blowtorch uses the right kind of fuel.

Have heard good things about the Sansaire - especially for the price. If the blowtorch isn't right, why not just finish with a pan sear. That's not unheard of.

BTW, check out THIS discussion - especially the various links within the messages.

Quote:

Nespresso Latissima+

Alina, you'll probably be the only one to understand this, but when I first saw what you had typed, I thought it said, Nespresso Lastima. That would be some pretty sad coffee! LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sous Vide and Nespresso by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanks labs.
  Re: Re: Sous Vide and Nespresso by Cubangirl (Thanks labs....)
No problem. The various tests and reviews are interesting, giving the pros and cons of each model - some of which may even just be user preferences, rather than actual shortcomings.
  Re: Re: Sous Vide and Nespresso by labradors (No problem. The var...)
We have been enjoying our Keurig Rivo Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte system for a month now. Santa brought it to us and it is so easy. We had a cappuccino machine for years and finally stopped using it because it was so much trouble. This Keurig is great. We still brew our regular coffee in a regular macihine and use Gevalia. We love that too.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sous Vide and Nespresso by labradors (No problem. The var...)
Labs you might enjoy this. When Nestlé introduced Nescafe instant espresso in Cuba it did not sell at all because Cubans interpreted it as No es café. Finally someone thought of the jingle: Nescafe es café y nada mas que café, Nescafe es café, la N es de Nestlé and it finally sold.
  Re: Re: Sous Vide and Nespresso by Cubangirl (Labs you might enjoy...)
Is that one actually true? Similar things had been said about the Chevy Nova's not selling in Mexico, since no va means "doesn't go," but it was not true and, in fact, the Nova sold well in Mexico. LOL!
  Re: Re: Sous Vide and Nespresso by labradors (Is that one actually...)
It is true. My aunt was in advertising at the time, she worked for McCann(Ericson later) and was part of the team. I remember the TV ads and jingles. You have to remember that at the time, Cuba was one of the highest coffee producers in the world. My dad who was in charge of Pilon, the largest coffee producer and seller in Cuba, got a great kick out of it.
  Re: Re: Sous Vide and Nespresso by Cubangirl (It is true. My aunt ...)
Hilarious. So many of such things are urban legends that the true ones can be stranger than fiction.

Then again, Nestle is such a huge company and has such a big presence in Latin America. What would they do without Nido and Nestum and La Lechera (i.e. most have never even heard of Eagle Brand)?