Tuesday's Dinner, 2/18/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm repeating the Steamed Bacon Buns with Hoisen and a rice salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/18/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Gosh that sounds good. We are having pizza tonight. I can't get out to the store (snow up to my knees) so have to use what's on hand. Fortunately, we have Italian sausage, mushrooms, peppers, onions, and a couple different cheeses, so might do personal size pizzas and do all of them a bit different.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/18/14?? by Mare749 (Gosh that sounds goo...)
Chili colorado burritos. Wanted something hands off.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/18/14?? by Trixxee (Chili colorado burri...)
I'm in a salad mood, so we're having spinach salad topped with sauteed steak and a warm red wine dressing.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/18/14?? by karyn (I'm in a salad mood,...)
I don't know what we're having. We are waiting on the repairman to come fix the microwave/convection oven. The microwave end of it died.

I'd like to do pizza but I'm not sure if I'll have an oven.

Still waiting . . . . I don't have a good feeling about this. Maybe if I heat up the oven and start cooking something . . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/18/14?? by Harborwitch (I don't know what we...)
This was an interesting dish. I'm going to post a separate thread to see if anyone will work on it with me to perfect. (I'm thinking others must have pulled pork in the freezer, too???)

Talk about fusion..... Pulled Pork Bacon Hoisin Sandwiches/sliders/whatever.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/18/14?? by cjs (This was an interest...)
Those burritos never disappoint.

Tonight it's egg foo yung with pork fried rice.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/18/14?? by losblanos1 (Those burritos never...)
Quote:

others must have pulled pork in the freezer, too???

Bags and bags of it! I'd love to help, especially since I have never made steamed buns !

They had beautiful asparagus on sale ( Hello,Blaine!! ). I figured if I was making Hollandaise, might as well have Eggs Benedict. I have some nice Romas that I will slice and sprinkle with California Clive Oil and Jalapeno White Balsamic Vinegar (Thank you SS Jean!).
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/18/14?? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
" I have some nice Romas that I will slice and sprinkle with California Clive Oil and Jalapeno White Balsamic Vinegar (Thank you SS Jean!). "

sounds good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/18/14?? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
Yes! I also have bags of pulled pork, unsauced, in the freezer. I've sauteed some chicken thighs, made some really good gravy and can steam some spuds if he ever comes home. He's plowing, good lord, will this winter ever end? 16 inches 2 weeks ago tomorrow, 14 inches last Thursday, 10 inches last Saturday and so far 11 inches today and still snowing. That's on top of the rest of the snow. We're all weary at work, especially the drivers.

Reminds me, I should do something with that pulled pork, but I might take a different route than BBQ sauce.

PJ

ETA Just noticed the other thread, Jean, good timing! Thanks.
PJ