Recipe Testing?
  Re: (...)
Have Pulled Pork handy in your freezer??? Looking thru books/magazines, [Email]C@H[/Email] has a couple recipes for pulled pork if you don't have a favorite -

Issue #39, June 2003, pg. 18
and
Slow Cooker special publication, page 41

Here's a recipe I'd like to see polished up and usable in another leftover book. (to be published 2309..... )

So, if anyone is interested in making these and adding their own twist to it, I'd sure appreciate it. We could have some really good variations going here.

I've also posted the recipe over on Group site with pictures -

Pulled Pork Bacon Sliders

Have more pictures on facebook, but don't know how to get them here.... oh well.

Maybe this will work -
slider pictures

Pulled Pork Bacon Sliders with Mirin/Soy Reduction

This is fusion meddling at its best! You can’t make a small amount of Pulled Pork – well, at least I can’t – so, many of us have pkgs. of this slow-roasted, falling-apart deliciousness in our freezers, I’m sure. Here is but one way to bring together the Southern influence of the cooking method and the flavors of Asia with a sauce of ginger, mirin, rice vinegar, sugar and soy sauce. And, for added flavor a slather of Hoisin sauce on the bun.

3 slices bacon, coarsley chopped
1 T. minced fresh ginger
6 to 8 oz. pulled pork
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 T. mirin
2 T. rice vinegar
1 T. sugar
1/2 T. soy sauce
8 sandwich buns or 14 to 16 mini-slider buns
Sandwich condiments (optional):
Hoisin Sauce
Sriracha
Pickled ginger, Sliced radishes, bread-&-butter pickles
Sliced green onions

In a large skillet, cook the bacon and ginger over moderate heat until bacon is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the pullled pork and combine with the bacon pieces and ginger.

In a small bowl combine the chicken stock, mirin, rice vinegar, sugar and soy sauce; pour over the meat mixture in the skillet. Cook over medium heat until the liquid has cooked away, about 15 to 18 minutes. Stay close after 10 minutes so the mixture does not burn.

Toast the buns if desired and arrange on a platter; spread hoisin sauce over the buns and top with the meat mixture. Drizzle a little more hoisin over and sprinkle with Sriracha and add what condiments you like to top the sandwiches off. Top with the bun and serve.

----
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Recipe Testing? by cjs (Have Pulled Pork han...)
I'm on this! I'll thaw some piggy and get it in the smoker, or if it rains - the crockpot. Yummmmmmmmm.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Recipe Testing? by Harborwitch (I'm on this! I'll t...)
I think I can get Picky to eat this!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Recipe Testing? by pjcooks (I think I can get Pi...)
Oh my, you know we will be all over this one, but will have to come back tomorrow to read this again. Thanks, Jean.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Recipe Testing? by Mare749 (Oh my, you know we w...)
I know, Maryann - and we should have some great ideas going.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipe Testing? by cjs (I know, Maryann - an...)
I thought this was in steamed buns. Where did I get that idea???
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Recipe Testing? by Lorraine (I thought this was i...)
It started out that way...I made some half-s$$ed steamed buns that didn't d work out like my old recipe, so, I stuck them under the broiler and toasted them instead....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipe Testing? by cjs (It started out that ...)
I'm going to have to bow out of this one. No way I can serve this to William. It looks delicious, though!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Recipe Testing? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm going to have to...)
Daphne, I know this isn't the original recipe, but what if you sub pork tenderloin and use turkey bacon? Would that cut the fat enough?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Recipe Testing? by Mare749 (Daphne, I know this ...)
That's what I was going to say, Maryann - Daphne, what a fun challenge to make this doable for William and all of us who should be more careful....every so often!
www.achefsjourney.com