Wednesday's Dinner, 2/19/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for eveyone??

I'm doing a slow cooker dish from Serious Eats - Italian Meatballs with Chianti Sauce and Fusilli. Should be smelling good in here pretty soon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/19/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm in the mood for something like that Jean. But we'll be good and eat leftovers - chile colorado burritos except I don't think there is enough meat for two regular portions so I might wind up with a cheese & green chile quesadilla with a dollop of chile colorado.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/19/14?? by Trixxee (I'm in the mood for ...)
Getting a break in the rain so grilling skirt steak
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/19/14?? by DFen911 (Getting a break in t...)
We're off to the big city today (Eureka) so pintos and ham hocks are in the crockpot. By the time we get home it ought to smell like heaven and they should be ready to eat. We'll have to have something I can do in the little toaster oven to go with.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/19/14?? by Harborwitch (We're off to the big...)
Holly has to stay for meetings after school today, so Katie, Abby, and Bob will be here for dinner. So, I'm making a pot of Sunday gravy and we'll have spaghetti with turkey meatballs and Italian sausage. We will also have a side of roasted veggies. (baby bellas, onion, zukes, and tiny red and yellow peppers)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/19/14?? by Mare749 (Holly has to stay fo...)
I'm ready for summer, so we're grilling (even though it's supposed to rain). We're having the Grilled Gyro Kebabs from C@H 69. Grilled veggies on the side.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/19/14?? by Mare749 (Holly has to stay fo...)
Maryann, I sure wish we lived closer. I haven't had good Sunday Gravy in ages. I thawed a bag of ham today. He's making a casserole concoction of sliced potatoes, onions, ham, odds and ends of cheeses, milk or 1/2 and 1/2 (something is in there!). Found a little cabbage and 1/2 bag of carrots, so that's the sides.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/19/14?? by Lorraine (Maryann, I sure wish...)
It's church night, so we'll grab something to go.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/19/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (It's church night, s...)
Lorraine, I wish we lived closer too. I made enough for the whole neighborhood and would love to have you join us!

Karyn, I really have to make those kebobs soon. We love them!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/19/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (It's church night, s...)
Another day when everything sounds so good.

I had every intention to make Chinese almond chicken with l/o fried rice tonight, but Denise and Karyn changed my mind. I'll be grilling a huge rib-eye with asparagus. It feels like springtime here.