Thursday's Dinner, 2/20/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having the Slow Cooker Meatballs with Chianti Sauce. We had a small dish of it last night while it is was still warm from cooking with mashed potatoes and it has a great flavor. And, such an easy dish to put together.

I think I'll make polenta to go with today instead of the Fusilli the recipe calls for.

Italian Sausage Meatballs with Chianti Sauce

I do my meatballs for dishes like this a little differently to help them from breaking up in the slow cooker - they ain't pretty, but it sure works.

[Image: Feb19Browningmeatballs_zpsacbf5d1e.jpg]

I also added a little oregano and basil to the mix. Sure was tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/20/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Wouldn't those be meat squares?
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/20/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That's a whole lotta meatballs! Yum. I am hoping to convince Tony to cook up a big batch with sauce this weekend.

After much thought I decided on decade long favorite - chicken with a sundried tomato cream sauce over angel hair and a salad.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...uce-107198
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/20/14?? by Trixxee (That's a whole lotta...)
Looks yummy ladies!

I highly anticipated a glorious afternoon on the deck. So I picked up steaks and potatoes for dinner. Should have known I was doomed when they had no rib eyes and had to go with top sirloin.

One of the downsides to living on a lake.....no matter how beautiful a day it is elsewhere, if it's a little windy, it's blowing a gale across the lake. Bummer!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/20/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Looks yummy ladies! ...)
Everything sounds so good...even gale-force winds and steak! However, John is prepping for a colonoscopy, so I'll probably have either a quesadilla or PB&J sandwich.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/20/14?? by karyn (Everything sounds so...)
Poor, John! I hope it goes well!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/20/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Poor, John! I hope ...)
Yes, good luck, John
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/20/14?? by cjs (Yes, good luck, John...)
Everything does sound good, except John's colonoscopy. I hope it goes as well or better then expected.

Daphne, don't you just hate it when you can't find what you're looking for at the grocery store? The same thing happened to me today, I was looking for fennel, this is twice in one week that Safeway didn't have any. I guess I'll just sub a splash of Pernod. Tonight's dinner is chicken pappardelle with mushrooms and wine. Carylann made this last Saturday and it is so delicious.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/20/14?? by losblanos1 (Everything does soun...)
Plan is Asian Fish Tacos and cucumbers - maybe some sushi rice with black sesame seeds.

Could be in big trouble though. We stopped at an amazing natural food store in town. I'd been wanting to check it out - hoping to find Teff flour (I did). While browsing the cheese aisle we found a truffled chevre which called for a beautiful baguette. I also grabbed a head of romnesco which is something I've never cooked. What an amazing store!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/20/14?? by Harborwitch (Plan is Asian Fish T...)
Truffled Chevre - sounds tasty!!
www.achefsjourney.com