T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/21/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're taking a neighbor out to lunch at John Wayne marina for watching things while we were gone. Evidently John Wayne really liked this part of the world - he did a lot of fishing up here.

Dockside Grill

Probably will ruin our dinners, that's for sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/21/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I would love to eat there! John Wayne spent a lot of time down here in Newport. We went on a dinner Christmas cruise on one his yachts one time.

We are having another long time favorite - the french onion salisbury steak over cheese toast. No potatoes with it this time. Will also make a baby greens salad.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/21/14?? by Trixxee (I would love to eat ...)
I'm thinking of doing a garlic shrimp stir-fry with snow peas, peppers and onions. Will put that over some chinese noodles.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/21/14?? by Mare749 (I'm thinking of doin...)
Happiness is............. meatballs (or meatsquares as Denise says) from earlier this week wrappoed in a tortilla slathered (inside) with Banana ketchup. Wow, what a lot of flavors!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/21/14?? by cjs (Happiness is...........)
Pan seared scallops with lemon butter sauce, grilled artichokes and garlic bread. *slurp*
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/21/14?? by cjs (Happiness is...........)
Quote:

Happiness is............. meatballs (or meatsquares as Denise says) from earlier this week wrappoed in a tortilla slathered (inside) with Banana ketchup.

I haven't been to one in about 10 years but I think Wendy's serves square hamburgers. Now I want one.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/21/14?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm kind of making Karyn's Chicken Bellagio tonight. Kind of, because I don't have pine nuts, prosciutto, or heavy cream. But, I do have bacon and half and half. I just couldn't wait any longer to make it!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/21/14?? by Lorraine (I'm kind of making K...)
Tonight I'm preparing hard corn tortillas with sautéed beef, Mexican seasonings, a blend of four cheeses and shredded lettuce. Tacos!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/21/14?? by losblanos1 (Tonight I'm preparin...)
You're so old school Blane. I think I will put these on the menu for next week.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/21/14?? by Lorraine (I'm kind of making K...)
Quote:

I'm kind of making Karyn's Chicken Bellagio tonight. Kind of, because I don't have pine nuts, prosciutto, or heavy cream. But, I do have bacon and half and half. I just couldn't wait any longer to make it!

I can't see anything wrong with your substitutions! I'm sure it will still be delicious. I mean, pasta, bacon, pesto and cream (or half and half) still has to be delicious!

We're meeting friends for pizza and cocktails. It should be fun!

Tomorrow, we're headed to Oysterfest , which takes place right outside my son's condo in Atlanta, so I probably will be AWOL.
It's a really fun street party, but I'm glad we don't have those bands playing right outside our house for two days straight! I'm not sure if we'll be hungry for dinner, but if we are, we may eat while we're down there.