Saturday's Dinner, 2/22/2014??
  Re: (...)
I couldn't wait for Jean to post this thread!!!

Today is a 'Cooking Day'!!!! The whole day is dedicated to making Egg Rolls and later on today I am making Fried Rice and Blane's Egg Foo Yung!

[Image: 1926635_10152275883596983_972389826_n.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/22/2014?? by luvnit (I couldn't wait for ...)
Is that egg foo young? Because that looks scrump!!

Grilling tonight for me. Volunteering all day at a gardening event so keeping it real simple when I get home
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/22/2014?? by DFen911 (Is that egg foo youn...)
Go for it, Laura!! I'm going to play with my pressure cooker today. Have some short ribs - but, they are boneless, Costco didn't have bone-in.

I may also try risotto in it also.....

Laura, that looks scrumptious!! Haven't made for a long time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/22/2014?? by cjs (Go for it, Laura!! I...)
I can't take credit for the photo... it is Blane's photo on FB. But it looked so good I just HAD to make this. Especially because Egg Foo Yung has been on my mind lately.

I have never made it before and I am looking forward to it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/22/2014?? by luvnit (I can't take credit ...)
We are having three couples over for dinner. Hors d' oeuvres are curried crab in Belgium endive leaves and tomato/basil croutons. Wines are Domaine Drouhin Pinot Noir and a Les chene Vieux Sancerre. We begin with a Gorgonzola /pear salad served with Domaine Drouhin Arthur Chardonnay. Main course is an Osso buco served over a four cheese polenta and with asparagus. The wine is a '96 Cavallotto Barolo Bricco Boschis. Desert is creme brûlée served with a lovely '06 Chateau Climins Barsac Sauternes (a Christmas gift from one our guests).
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/22/2014?? by Old Bay (We are having three ...)
Laura, I hope you enjoy the egg foo yung as much as we do. By the way, I cooked them one at a time in a 6" non-stick skillet (keep them warm at 200 in the oven).

Grilling tonight here also, even though it's started to snow. Grilled skirt steak with aji Amarillo sauce, Peruvian mashed potatoes and asparagus. I sure wish that I was on Bill's guest list, that dinner sounds so good.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/22/2014?? by losblanos1 (Laura, I hope you en...)
I need to make that egg foo yung!

Well, I talked Tony into making a big batch of meatballs and marinara. Not sure what kind of pasta we will have - we have spaghetti, rotini, and cheese tortellini.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/22/2014?? by Trixxee (I need to make that ...)
Oh my, Bill, that all sounds just wonderful!!

Hey good for Macho Man Blane - grilling in the snow.

I've got so much cooking right now my stove is full!!! What a fun day while the snow lightly falls!!! Forget the home show for today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/22/2014?? by cjs (Oh my, Bill, that al...)
Quote:

Hey good for Macho Man Blane

Maybe we should nickname Blane "M Cubed" for Mucho Macho Man.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/22/2014?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Everyone's meals sound so wonderful!!!! Picking who I would eat with is tough, but I think I'd have to go with Bill!

Although, my dinner isn't going to be too shabby either! The birthday girls to be are being treated to a family meal at Bonefish Grill! I've got my eye on the dinner for two special!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.