Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14??
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14?? by cjs (I can just see Bill ...)
Cold and rainy here, but the last two days were gorgeous, so I can't complain. Plus we had church, so I didn't miss any deck time.

Oh, dinner....we stopped for fast food. UGH! I wish I had planned ahead! Coming home to a pot of Kristie's Zuppa Tuscano would have been awesome!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14?? by losblanos1 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

Whew!

Ditto!

It's a beautiful Spring-like day today (almost 60), so I'm going to grill a couple of rib-eyes with potato confit and asparagus.

[/blockquote]

It seems like winter is going to go on forever here. It was 8° this morning, real feel -3°. We had leftover Winter Pork Stew tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We were lucky to find a new (to us - it's been there 2 years!) little Bistro in Pt. Townsend yesterday as we were walking towards another place we had intended to go. What a great place, very understated classy. The wine selection was one of the largest I've seen in a long time, especially around here.

Alchemy Bistro & Wine Bar

Anyone who knows me knows I didn't get past the first listing under Starters!! The Charcuterie platter was wonderful. Roy had the oysters and I had the mussels - all from the Starters section. Wonderful lunch and a bottle of Klinker Brink 2011 Old Vine Zin that was excellent, also.

I walked into the Drs. office and told her to never mind any deadening agents, I'd be fine!!!

Got Home about 4:30 to a message from our local friend, the Pie Lady offering a sample of Orange pie she's working on. So, back in the car and had a cup of tea (yes, I drank Tea!) and 2 pieces of orange pie, which were very interesting. She used blood oranges - one with an upper crust and one without. The looks of the pie really calls out for an upper crust and I think that's what she's going with. very interesting flavor, but I noticed an aftertaste that wasn't pleasing. So,......

And then...after all that food, what's a person to do later???

<a href="[URL=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/cjdacook/media/COOKING%20PICTURES%202014/Feb26LateNiteSnack_zpsd7d0f526.jpg.html" >[Image: Feb26LateNiteSnack_zpsd7d0f526.jpg]</a>]our snack[/url]

P.S. I should mention the tea to you tea drinkers, which I really am not, but this was very good and sure matched the pie well. It's called 'Evening in Missoula' - anyone heard of it?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14?? by cjs (We were lucky to fin...)
Sounds like a wonderful day - other than the doctor.

I will have to look for the tea - I've never heard of it, but since that is the city of my birth I guess I should find it.

(Jean the snack looks wonderful - but Skippy?)

I bailed last night - no sleep the night before and I spent most of the day working of stuff for Chad so by dinner time I was brain dead. I sauteed a couple chicken breasts and simmered them in (gasp ) canned chicken gravy and served them on wonderful stuffing waffles with Romanesco & carrots.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14?? by Harborwitch (Sounds like a wonder...)
Skippy?? Sure, whatever is handy with super-chunky!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14?? by cjs (Skippy?? Sure, whate...)
I think we're going to do the "grind your own" thing next time we need peanut butter. We eat a lot of and prefer to buy the stuff that is just peanuts and a bit of salt.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/26/14?? by Harborwitch (I think we're going ...)
I keep thinking we'll try the grind your own, Sharon. Next trip to the city!

Great find, Jean! The food and presentation looks fabulous!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.