Thursday's Dinner, 2/27/14
  Re: (...)
Good Lord, where has the week gone AND where the heck did the month go????????????

What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're having more of the hodgepodge B.nut Squash and Couscous dish.

I'm also trying my hand at a gluten-free bread that I can use for a bruschetta at a dinnner party soon. Fingers crossed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/27/14 by cjs (Good Lord, where has...)
One more night on our own. I'll make the same thing I did last night - baked potato, roasted asparagus, sauteed chicken breast.

Tomorrow I will cook a "real" dinner.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/27/14 by Trixxee (One more night on ou...)
It's been a long week and I want comfort food, so I'm giving Mac & Cheese with Chicken, Goat Cheese, and Rosemary a try. I'll let you know what we think of it. We'll have asparagus on the side.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/27/14 by karyn (It's been a long wee...)
Oh Karyn, that sounds like a good combination of flavors.

oh, maybe not that one with a qt. of cream, but the other flavors really sound like they would be good together.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/27/14 by cjs (Oh Karyn, that sound...)
Wow! That mac & cheese really looks great. I look forward to your review Karyn.

Tonight it's tarragon cream chicken with prosciutto and mushrooms. Asparagus also.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/27/14 by losblanos1 (Wow! That mac & chee...)
Quote:

Wow! That mac & cheese really looks great. I look forward to your review Karyn.

Blane, that's what I thought, but unfortunately it's one of those recipes that just doesn't become more than the individual flavors thrown together. Nothing elevated it to a level that makes me want to make it again. I miss the texture that toasted bread cubes add to my favorite mac & cheese, and really think this one needs some heat. We added a ton of pepper as we were eating it, but it's not one that's getting a great recommendation. It was fine, but forgettable.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/27/14 by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanks Karyn, I guess I can delete the bookmark. It sure did look really good though.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/27/14 by losblanos1 (Thanks Karyn, I gues...)
That's a shame, Karyn. I was just getting ready to go look at it! I LOVE goat cheese!

Tonight we are having rib eyes, baked potatoes, and ASPARAGUS!!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/27/14 by Gourmet_Mom (That's a shame, Kary...)
Yesterday I finally made the Ethiopian dinner! In the middle of prepping the power went out so I soldiered on by the light of 12 volt lights, until Bob got the generator going.

First off - the Queen of Sheba salad is always one of our favorite dishes. I don't know why I don't make it more often - especially when tomatoes are in high season. It was wonderful.

I made Marcus Samuelson's Injera and it was stunning. The texture of the "bread" was more pronounced - it uses more Teff flour than white - and the liquid is simply a bit of yogurt and club soda (I used seltzer). Thank heavens I only made half a recipe. It made tons.

The chicken dor wet from his book was equally as good. I did learn one important lesson. If you buy your Berebere from Penzeys use caution. That stuff is HOT. I had to cook some rice and we put Greek yogurt on it to cool it down.

All in all a "fun" dinner. I didn't do the honeyed wine - and forgot about the bottle of Moscato that I had opened for the salad.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 2/27/14 by Harborwitch (Yesterday I finally ...)
" forgot about the bottle of Moscato that I had opened for the salad"

Well, of course you did - by that time you were probably into your cups, so to speak......(I'll go find my room )
www.achefsjourney.com