T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/28/14??
  Re: (...)
Last day of the (work)week - last day of the month!! What's on the menu for everyone?

I'm doing an old C@H chicken w/red pepper sauce from one of the grilling books.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/28/14?? by cjs (Last day of the (wor...)
We are on the road, so I have no clue. Headed to the mountains to get the rest of the kids stuff and two boats. Ought to be an interesting weekend!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/28/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (We are on the road, ...)
Pappardelle with chicken, bacon, cream, etc., topped with broccolini.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/28/14?? by Trixxee (Pappardelle with chi...)
That pappardelle and chicken sounds wonderful. We are still in the decision mode.

We did have the most fantastic pizza last night. It was a Rosemary, Carmelized Onion Blanco. The crust was outstanding. I have been adding vital wheat gluten to my pizza crust recipes with amazing successes. Our guest said that it was the "...best pizza crust..." she had ever had.

Truthfully, probably the best I had ever made too.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/28/14?? by luvnit (That pappardelle and...)
I'm picking up my dad in a while to head to Asiatown. Since it's only 5° here today (but sunny!) we thought we would go to #1 Pho for lunch, then over to Asia Foods to do some shopping. Since I won't be hungry for a big dinner tonight, I'll probably get a take-out of pho and a couple of spring rolls for Ron.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/28/14?? by Mare749 (I'm picking up my da...)
What a fun day you have planned, Maryann!

I do also have a pizza dough to try with the rest of my gluten-free flour - now, I'm really anxious to try it. Are you just making a regular crust with the subbing of g.f. flour and some Xanthan Gum??? Or a particular recipe?

How funny, Laura, I just said the same thing over on facebook!! I, too, think last night's was one of my best!!
------

"The Renowned Mr. Brown" Pizza

2/27/14
I made one of the best pizza I have ever made last night....but it was all leftovers and it's so hard to ever have the same l/os again!! But, I'll certainly try -

the crust was made with whey I had in the freezer from making Mozzarella
a little amount of over-spiced tomato sauce mixed with a tad of smoked ketchup
Mozz & Provolone
thin slices of "The Renowned Mr. Brown" smoked pork butt (Bill Jamison's recipe) which I always seem to have in the freezer
smoked red onions - found a little pkg. in the bowels of the freezer
more Mozz & Provolone
fresh ground black pepper
drizzle of olive oil

So simple, and so delicious - definitely needs to be a repeat, fingers crossed!

---------------

I think I'll make another one in the next couple days to see if it as good as I thought. Oh, the wine?? NXNW 2012 Riesling - wonderful
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/28/14?? by cjs (What a fun day you h...)
Pan fried filets with brandy mushroom sauce, maybe a baked potato and definitely asparagus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/28/14?? by losblanos1 (Pan fried filets wit...)
I simplified my dinner today -

Here's a really good method for chicken pieces -

I poured a little Pomegranite Balsamic vinegar over a couple chicken thighs for about 45 minutes. Then I added a little olive oil to what was left of the vinegar when I put the chix on to grill and basted the thighs with the mixture as they grilled. What a great flavor and how easy can you get!!

[Image: Feb28GrilledChixFFs_zps1639ea20.jpg]

And, of course the fries were dipped in the Banana Ketchup! Has anyone else made this delicious condiment yet????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/28/14?? by cjs (I simplified my dinn...)
Not yet!

We decided to get take out and I've been craving pizza for a couple of days. So we're ordering out from Capone's ! Voted #12 out of 125 and voted best pizza in town. That's a pretty good recommendation in a big college town!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/28/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Not yet![br][br]We d...)
Good Lord!!!125 pizza places in your town??? Even I would be a happy camper!!!
www.achefsjourney.com