Mardi Gras
  Re: (...)
darn, last year this time we were in Tybee Island, GA celetrating Mardi Gras.

So, this year, I'm going to put on all my beads and make a Mardi Gras dinnner on Tuesday, the 4th. Anyone else interested - Just have fun???

Maybe not a King Cake, but maybe yes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Mardi Gras by cjs (Damn, last year this...)
We're going all out this year! We found out last week my sister from Manitoba and my B & SIL from Ontario arrive tomorrow. We brought up two large tote boxes of masks, beads, feathers, table decorations, everything we need to set a great Mardi Gras atmosphere. I know we will make Jambalaya and Gumbo (we have frozen crawfish), not sure what else. I am so excited, I couldn't sleep last night.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Mardi Gras by Lorraine (We're going all out ...)
Oh Lorraine I so wish I could be there!! How fun.

I forgot I was wearing this T shirt today, so have to get it washed for Tuesday!!!!

[Image: Mar1TybeeIslandTshirtforMardiGras_zps731de001.jpg]
I know I'm making gumbo, not sure what else for just the two of us, but we will do it up right!!

I'm so envious of your company. Is this the sister who travels so much??? Will you thank her for us for all the entertainment??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Mardi Gras by cjs (Damn, last year this...)
I have no idea what we're doing yet - maybe a jambalaya will pop up in my mind. What I'd really like to do is go Here! and have her Shrimp & Crawfish Etouffe! Maybe on our next trip to Eureka! We say this on D.D. & Dives last night. Yum.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Mardi Gras by Harborwitch (I have no idea what ...)
Lorraine, that sounds so wonderful! I'm with Jean! I want to go to your house!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mardi Gras by Gourmet_Mom (Lorraine, that sound...)
Lorraine, it sounds like it's going to be a great time at your house. Wish we could be there, too! I know everything you make will be fabulous.

We love to celebrate Fat Tuesday, but that's Heather's late day at work and a school night for the little ones. So, we are having it tomorrow afternoon at Holly's house. I am making a double recipe of shrimp etouffee, Heather is making four muffalettas, Holly is making a big chopped salad and buying paczkis (pooch-kees) for dessert. And, of course, we will probably make hurricanes.

Here is a photo of the kiddies from last year. (forgot to take food pix )

[Image: SuperBowlMardiGrasparty014_zpse33fff0c.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Mardi Gras by Mare749 (Lorraine, it sounds ...)
Hurricanes!! Almost forgot! muffalettas - miss having the family around to eat one!!

Sharon, that place sounds great - I made a note of it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mardi Gras by cjs (Hurricanes!! Almost ...)
We are still without our oven . . . Wednesday now.

Maybe the menu from Bless My Soul will give me some ideas. I kinda hope we have another trip to Eureka before we leave.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!