Monday's Dinner, 3/3/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're off to 'the big city' for shopping for Saturday, but with my face marked up may not eat out. Probably some soup at home later or maybe a stir-fry!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/3/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Playing with leftover pasta, fresh asparagus, an assortment of mushrooms and grilled chicken I can see it in my mind, now to put it on the plate. I'm already hungry lol.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 33/14?? by DFen911 (Playing with leftove...)
Tony now has a late afternoon doctor's appointment which will put a monkey wrench in what we were planning so I might just keep it simple and make french dip sandwiches. Or hot pastrami sandwiches.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 33/14?? by Trixxee (Tony now has a late ...)
Doing damage control, so we will have rotisseried chicken and asparagus. Possibly a baked potato for Ron.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 33/14?? by Mare749 (Doing damage control...)
Denise, a frittata would be calling my name right about now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 33/14?? by cjs (Denise, a frittata ...)
I went freezer diving and came up with leftover sauce for Orecchiette della Nonna. Since it's cold and rainy, warm pasta should be pretty tasty!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 33/14?? by karyn (I went freezer divin...)
I'm trying a new recipe tonight, cinnamon roll pancakes with creamy icing and spiced maple syrup, sausage on the side. The calories are high, but not as bad as I thought.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 33/14?? by losblanos1 (I'm trying a new rec...)
Almost makes my teeth curl, but sure does sound good!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/3/14?? by cjs (Almost makes my teet...)
Blane, you are a brave man! But I agree, it sure sounds good!

Tonight is getting cold again, with a potential of more frozen precipitation! Seriously?!?!? They are saying little or no accumulation, and only a two hour delay....so far. I hope it stays that way!

Anyway, I figured something hot and hearty was in order. I suggested chili or Lasagna Soup. William chose the soup...of course! We used the last of the lean Italian sausage, and wonder of wonders, I found Gluten free pasta at our little grocery store! So I managed to keep it a little healthy! And William was a happy camper! Only one serving and a tiny second. And a super surprise, BG called and was close by. When she learned what we were having, she stopped by for dinner and wound up staying the night! BONUS!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/3/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Blane, you are a bra...)
We have been under a rain cloud all day. ALL Day! Tonight is a good old country ribs & kraut dinner. We'll have beets and potatoes to go with. It smells good in here - beets are roasting in the toaster oven . . . not sure how this is going to work.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!