Thursday's Dinner, 3/6/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm doing a fried noodle pancake topped with chow mein.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/6/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Still kicking it around but thinking of something simple - grilled salsa-que chicken sandwiches on kaiser rolls. Might put a green chile on each to make it more southwestern-y. Frozen french fries if anyone wants some.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/6/14?? by Trixxee (Still kicking it aro...)
I need inspiration!!!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/6/14?? by luvnit (I need inspiration!!...)
Laura, just check out the previous dinner threads this week - what a bunch of great ideas. Good luck.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/6/14?? by cjs (Laura, just check ou...)
Burgers! Trader Joe's has the best sliced goat cheese and since we went to Eugene the other day I have cheese I can eat! So being decadent and doing Bacon cheese burgers.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/6/14?? by DFen911 (Burgers! Trader Joe'...)
Stocked up, did you? Goat cheese on a burger.....must try this!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/6/14?? by cjs (Stocked up, did you?...)
Oh I once had a burger with goat cheese in Hawaii. Topped with tomato and maui sweet onion jam. Everything locally grown and sourced. Really good combo.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/6/14?? by cjs (Stocked up, did you?...)
Well this has me thinking . . . truffled goat cheese might be really interesting on a burger. Hmmmmmm. The sun is trying to come out - maybe we can grill burgers tonight. Thanks for the idea Denise - we'd just have to get buns.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/6/14?? by Harborwitch (Well this has me thi...)
No cooking for me tonight. My group of childhood girlfriends gets together twice a year for dinner, usually during July and over the Christmas holidays. But, our dear friend, Carol, (my mall-walking pal) moved back here from Minnesota last fall. So, now we can get together more often. We decided that this year, we would all celebrate our 60th birthdays together and last week, one of the girls had a birthday. So tonight, we are all going to Nuevo Acapulco, for dinner, birthday presents, and lots of laughter.

P.S. Ron is going to Heather's for dinner tonight. They will probably order a pizza.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/6/14?? by Mare749 (No cooking for me to...)
Oh, what fun Maryann!! I had more fun at a similar get together a few years ago after 50-55 years. We all just picked up where we had left off.

I have some bacon jam and some goat cheese. Maybe I can work this one in next week - if I can remember....
www.achefsjourney.com