Monday's Dinner, 3/10/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have a pear, some brie, apple butter, prosciutto leftover so we're having a tortilla pizza brunch! And, one of our Saturday guests brought a bottle of champagne we didn't get to ( ), so it will be a sparkling brunch.

And, it's Tracie Lee's (madmax) b'day today!! 54 years ago at 5:50 a.m. I met my first baby!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/10/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We have a lot of leftover steak from last night so Tony is going to turn that into chili when he gets home. I'll make some cornbread.

Happy B-Day to Tracie!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/10/14?? by Trixxee (We have a lot of lef...)
We have a small chunk of leftover cottage ham, so I'm thinking of doing a frittata for dinner with a tossed green salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/10/14?? by Mare749 (We have a small chun...)
I am making Chicken Picatta tonight. Never made it before, but I know Daphne makes it and probably a few others on here too.

Then I saw Pioneer Woman make it the other day and it looked so good with Fettuccine noodles. Brad was drooling. He loves Chicken Picatta.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/10/14?? by luvnit (I am making Chicken ...)
Laura, the first Cuisine at Home recipe that I ever made was chicken picatta from the free issue, we loved it.

Tonight it's banana bread pancakes w/ bananas foster syrup. I made this for the first time a couple of weeks ago, delicious!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/10/14?? by losblanos1 (Laura, the first Cui...)
We love the Cuisine recipe for chicken picatta as well.It's delicious!

It's sunny and in the 70s today so I decided that grilled burgers sounded wonderful...and they were!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/10/14?? by karyn (We love the Cuisine ...)
I do love it!

The Zuppa Toscano was outstanding! William has proclaimed it the best soup we have ever had!

[Image: image-7.jpg]

Okay, it's not very photogenic, but it tastes great!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/10/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I do love it! [br][b...)
Looks good, Daphne. We just love the version that I use, but like you, I lighten it up and do not use cream. We buy some spicy Italian turkey sausages to go in it, too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/10/14?? by Mare749 (Looks good, Daphne. ...)
Maryann, I haven't had the original, nor have I tried yours, but the thing that attracted me to this version was the substitution of cauliflower for the potatoes! It really is a dish that William loves and feels good about eating. It is supposed to turn cold again Thursday, and William insisted on having the leftovers for dinner then. When I suggested taking the leftovers to school to share with coworkers I had told about the recipe, he pitched a fit! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/10/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, I haven't h...)
What is your recipe, Daphne?? We sure enjoyed the cauliflower soup Maryann posted a few weeks ago.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com