Thursday's Dinner, 11/13/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

I'm trying Swai tonight (similar to catfish) and see how we like it. Probably some stir-fry veggies with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/13/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We have leftover meatloaf that was so good that I'm thinking we'll have hot meatloaf sammies tonight. Not sure what else just yet.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/13/14?? by Mare749 (We have leftover mea...)
We have some of the rigatoni with a "chorizo" bolognese left over but not really enough for a whole meal so I think I'll make chicken piccata to go with it.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/13/14?? by Trixxee (We have some of the ...)
We're having Cincinnati Chili. I think I'll make a bean and celery salad to go with it.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/13/14?? by karyn (We're having Cincinn...)
I thought I was thawing shortribs, turns out it was filet mignon. So now deciding if I'm going to sear them on the grill, or in a pan and what sauce do I want. I'm leaning towards Bordelaise if I can find demi-glace. Won't have the time to make my own. If not maybe a green pepper corn cream sauce.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/13/14?? by DFen911 (I thought I was thaw...)
Dinner was darn good - I like the Swai; haven't tried it before.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/13/14?? by cjs (Dinner was darn good...)
I had a request for chicken and waffles with black pepper gravy, so that's dinner. DIL has never had it before.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/13/14?? by losblanos1 (I had a request for ...)
Pork butt is in the smoker. I am thinking grits and a 3 bean salad to go with. It feels like summer here today.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/13/14?? by Harborwitch (Pork butt is in the ...)
It's cold here again! Perfect night for soup! Lucky me, I have just enough of the Zuppa Tocano leftover from the other night! STILL loving it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 11/13/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (It's cold here again...)
Karyn,

Which Chili recipe do you use?

I've had the REAL, original Skyline Chili, but have never made it. Otherwise, I have tried the Frozen Skyline Chili that's available in supermarkets, but it was REALLY high in sodium, so I'd love a good, tried and true copycat recipe.

Thanks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?