Wednesday's Dinner 3/19/14
  Re: (...)
I think Jean is sleeping in so I'll get this going.

What's on the menu folks? Not sure for me, depends on how my dentist appointment goes
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner 3/19/14 by DFen911 (I think Jean is slee...)
Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff. Just winging it, but I am going to try to adapt the C@H recipe for the crockpot.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner 3/19/14 by luvnit (Crock Pot Beef Strog...)
Finally crawled out of bed.................I think there is going to be a couple of old exhausted folks in P.A. in a couple of days. But, what fun having Allison here!! I posted some pictures on facebook.

Mom & Dad, she arrived in fine fettle, tired after her adventures across country that she'll fill you in on.....

She and Roy are still asleep, so have no idea what we'll do today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner 3/19/14 by cjs (Finally crawled out ...)
I'm making carnitas and fresh guacamole, pinto beans topped with cheese and corn tortillas for taco making.

Was thinking of making a corn salsa but I don't think know if I have the energy. I have been so tired ever since the time change and my 4-5 mile daily walk.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner 3/19/14 by Trixxee (I'm making carnitas ...)
You found a good carnitas recipe! great!

Sounds like Jean is having a great time with Roy and Allison Fantastic! I will have to check out the photos.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner 3/19/14 by luvnit (You found a good car...)
We wound up having fried rice last night, so the Reuben sandwiches are on for tonight.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner 3/19/14 by karyn (We wound up having f...)
Tonight it's seared filets with mushroom sauce, peppered grapes and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner 3/19/14 by losblanos1 (Tonight it's seared ...)
Church night here, so I got Japanese take out...Teriyaki Chicken and a small side salad. Not bad and plenty left for lunch tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner 3/19/14 by Gourmet_Mom (Church night here, s...)
I ended up doing a grilled salad with grilled zucchini, onions, eggplant, yellow bell peppers, romaine lettuce and chicken. All served with a warm balsamic dressing.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner 3/19/14 by DFen911 (I ended up doing a g...)
We drove over to the coast to do some shopping at Safeway - the plan was to go to the beach, visit an old friend, and shop.

It didn't go as planned - the old friend that I hadn't seen in a "million" years had passed away. There was a shooting in a little bitty town that we drove through (almost drove down the street where it happened) to see a house I used to live in. A Deputy Sheriff was killed, I think every LEO within 100 miles drove there - lights and sirens! That closed the highway so we were so bummed we just got our groceries and took the LOOOOOONNNNGGGG way home.

Tonight is a frozen stir fry Poblano chicken & pasta thing from the store and a salad. We're both whupped. BTW Safeway had split chicken breasts on the bone for .99 a lb!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!