Thursday's Dinner 3/20/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the mnu for everyone today??

We picked up some clams yesterday, so we'll have them some way.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/20/14?? by cjs (What's on the mnu fo...)
Taco night here. I'm trying a new recipe for carne deshebrada. I'll serve it with a cabbage, onion, & jalapeno slaw and some queso fresco.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/20/14?? by karyn (Taco night here. I'm...)
Pulled some marinara and meatballs from the freezer to serve over penne. I think I'm a little short on sauce so I'm going to make a small batch of alfredo sauce so we can have half and half.

Baby greens salad on the side with cucumber, radishes, avocado, and green onions.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/20/14?? by Trixxee (Pulled some marinara...)
Karyn - thanks for the reminder. I'm grabbing a chuck roast out of the freezer right now and doing the same for tomorrow!!!

I think this is another day when everything is going to sound darn good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/20/14?? by cjs (What's on the mnu fo...)
We are doing crisp panko coated pork cutlets with a lemon caper sauce. It is from Fine Cooking. Really good!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/20/14?? by cjs (Karyn - thanks for t...)
While MS Allison is spending the day with the cheesemakers at Mt. Townsend, I'm having fun planning dinner. Made 18 hour bread for all the soaking up of the jus from the clams, and I'm also making a Miso Ginger Braised Cod dish. The base is something I picked up at Trader Joe's that I've been wanting to try. Hope it's good.

Also thawed out a little Valentine's Day chocolate cake I had in the freezer - maybe have with some Harbinger's Raspberry Bliss.....
www.achefsjourney.com
I had to look up carne deshebrada, never heard of it, but it sure looks delicious.

Tonight I'm preparing tarragon cream chicken with a side of green beans. No, I didn't run out of asparagus.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/20/14?? by losblanos1 (I had to look up car...)
I did Ponzu grilled chicken with jasmine rice and stir fried peppers.
Quote:

Karyn - thanks for the reminder. I'm grabbing a chuck roast out of the freezer right now and doing the same for tomorrow!!!

I'm glad to help out. The tacos were terrific!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/20/14?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We had one of our favorite dinners last night. Years ago, I had a dish in Kirkland (in fact went back for it a 2nd time) and Chef Cameon nicely gave me her recipe. We've been making it ever since. Clams, wine, heavy cream, balsamic, bacon........

[Image: Mar20CameonsClams_zps9dcfd80d.jpg]

Allison really liked the dish and her mama would have been so proud.....
[Image: Mar20Allisonandclambroth_zpsf75d43d1.jpg]

But, we started with the Miso Ginger Braised Cod - using a broth product from Trader Joe's that was excellent!
[Image: Mar20MisoGingerBraisedCod1_zps513c834a.jpg]

Ended the dinner with a Valentine's Day chocolate cake with a sauce of Raspberry/Rhubarb sauce and Tobin James Port
[Image: Mar20ChoccakewRaspRhubarbsauce_zpsb20e8051.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com