Saturday's Dinner, 3/22/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

We have leftovers galore. Food for the next couple days is taken care of.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/22/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Family dinner tonight, but we're going out. Place to be determined.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/21/14?? by Mare749 (Family dinner tonigh...)
Still trying to decide here! I had hoped to spend the afternoon on the deck, but the wind is up. Hopefully, it will lay down by the time I decide and run to the store?

I sure wish I had your leftovers, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/21/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Still trying to deci...)
My sister-in-law is coming over for dinner and requested ribs, so tonight I'm trying out a new recipe from one on the grilling cook books. Rubbed and glazed bbq ribs with maque choux and Carylann is making a potato salad.

ETA: Safeway had fresh corn on the cob so I nixed the maque choux.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/21/14?? by losblanos1 (My sister-in-law is ...)
I'm still up in the air. One of the possibilities is chicken stuffed with goat cheese, basil and scallions.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/21/14?? by Trixxee (I'm still up in the ...)
Jean, those razor clams look amazing. I need to find some when we get home.

Tonight I am going to play with Jean's Pulled Pork & Bacon sliders. I got some beautiful Bolillos to use for them. I'll make a little slaw with cucumbers and see what happens.

If I have everything ready it'll be easy when I get home.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/21/14?? by Harborwitch (Jean, those razor cl...)
An anon was looking at a Taco Salad thread earlier, so when I went to the store for inspiration, I picked up chuck for burgers and then thought....why not? So taco salad fixings are waiting to be assembled.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/21/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (An anon was looking ...)
Sorry, it is the 22nd.

Well, Allison is off and we are bushed. darn 30-somethings....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/22/14?? by cjs (Sorry, it is the 22n...)
Jean - Jean - Jean! This is a winner! WOW! We made the sandwiches tonight - being tired and distracted I forgot the chicken stock. But OMG! We made big sandwiches on the bolillos - for garnish we did the hoisin, sriracha, radish slices marinated in rice vinegar all day and sliced cucumbers in rice vinegar with some chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes. OMG!

Bob agrees - we will get pickled ginger for the next time, and I think Daikon radish would rock it. I had thought to make a peanut slaw but got lazy. It smells so good in here.
(I didn't have regular bacon so used cured and smoked pork jowls - my favorite piggy bacon!)
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/22/14?? by Harborwitch (Jean - Jean - Jean! ...)
You're making me hungry for them, Sharon!!

Allison, Roy and I stopped at a little dive Friday over on the coast and had a great chili and fries. Brought the leftovers home and that was our dinner last night.

Waffle Fries with l/0 chili - Wasn't too much chili left, so I added a sausage to make 'him' happy. Sure was good.

[Image: Mar22WaffleFrieswlochili2_zps9d9f9e10.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com